ILGM bud of the month chat room 2022

No worries, we can take care of it next time we’re there.

1 Like

Thanks @MissingDigits035 I’ll keep an eye on @Sindog216

1 Like

I wish I grew ILGM products

Never had much luck with em

10 Likes

Was wondering if any experts here could let me know if they would top this plant and then lst it? Or just do lst? She’s on day 23 above ground. Outdoor grow. NL auto. 10 hours of direct sunlight per day in a mix of happy frog and Ocean. Let me know what you think.

6 Likes

I would not. Looks to only have a couple nodes and it’s very open.

Looks good though

3 Likes

Thanks. Yea there are only about 2 nodes. I think it’s a bit stunted…

1 Like

@Tbusch @Underthestairs is spot on!! Wait’ll you get a few more nodes accumulated before taking her head off. She looks good in your soil mixture. What %’s of each do you think you used and in what sized containers?

2 Likes

I did a 50/50 mix happy from and Ocean Forrest. Do you think I should do lst training now? Or wait until I top first and then do lst after that?

1 Like

@Tbusch I top after about 4 nodes and then after 3 thereafter. My lst is tying the branches down to the pots edge to flatten them out horizontally and get them closer to the edge before letting them turn back up.

1 Like

Yes that’s the lst I was referring too. Not sure if I should do the tying down after I top or I can start doing it before. Thanks for you advice

@Tbusch when your side branches stretch up enough to reach the side after being pulled down is when I aim for. You can do it incrementally. They’re way to short at this point for my style.

3 Likes

I want to keep this short and sweet being it doesn’t have much to do with b.o.m. but I figured it would be seen by the largest audience here. Anyone happen to know the shelf life for general hydroponics ph up and down? I was thinking about getting gallons but I don’t want to have to dump any due to the product going bad.

1 Like

@brownsfan100 Greetings and salutations…according to the internet:

" Does pH Up and down expire?

These alkaline and acidic chemicals like hydrochloric acid can last for over five years, but we strongly suggest that you just get enough for one season and reorder a new batch the next season. Sep 16, 2020…Hope this helps…Be well, stay safe…

2 Likes

Appreciate it! I’m hoping to hear some experiences using it as well. I wasn’t sure if it was like the nutrient recommendation on the bottle, they give you a # that might not be right for your grow but will get you back to the store or on Amazon faster :laughing:

2 Likes

I haven’t used much ph down, but my bottle of gh ph up is so old they don’t even use the same recipe anymore :rofl:

6 Likes

@brownsfan100 i buy ph down by the gallon. But i will use that gallon in one season. I did have some left from the year before and it worked fine. Hope this helps. I store all my grow supplies inside to keep cool and dark.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Save that bottle after it is empty…could be worth $ as a rare antique… :rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t top autos. In my experience they don’t have enough time to recover and flourish before they flower.

2 Likes

These two girl scout cookies autos were topped and recovered just fine. It is not generally recommended but it can be done and not hurt them much at all from what I’ve seen.

16 Likes

Yes I was, and I am right there with you, not so new to growing anymore and the numbers seemed suspect. Figured Id throw a bone for the benefit of the huge doubt…

1 Like