ILGM bud of the month chat room 2021

Thanks ! Yeah they are very pretty! The terps are just starting now… not much odor yet. Should be pretty good though? Another month anyway to go

2 Likes

Balkhi is sometimes available in pot shops. Its essentially an Afghan hash plant. Balkh is the region or province that the plant is cultivated in. Tashkurghan is close by. The seed is available at RSC and Ive had very consistent results from them each grow. Highly recommended if you enjoy Afghan or black hash as this is the plant its made from.

The hashish is very good quality

19 Likes

Noted! Those are two things ld like to do, visit a pot shop and grow a plant for my own hash!

5 Likes

that looks delicious @Cannabian

7 Likes

@Cannabian YUM. Very nice , you my friend are a Jedi Weed Warrior

3 Likes

I cut my GDP from the contest today. Photos in my thread here - probably the prettiest girl I’ve grown, in close competition with a GSCE I grew a couple of years ago.

5 Likes

I strive for mine to look that nice, :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Oldstoner and @monkman unfortunately I wont be able to post a bud for consideration due the seed source not being ILGM, sadly as a Canadian I may not purchase ILGM seed due to whatever lame excuse they can come up with? Seems many other seed brokers in the US sell to us without issues.

2 Likes

Okay @J.Gro what the hell that is a beautiful specimen

1 Like

Well after thumbing back through the entries this might be one of the more difficult BOM contests to pick a winner yet . Dayum Ladies and gentlemen some fine work up this month

9 Likes

Nice that was all grown in a solo cup??? If so what’s the secret to get it thru flower without issues. I mean set it in a 5 gallon bucket of nutes and call it good for the day. :joy::joy::joy: I fill a dinner bowl with nutes after I soak the plant and it drinks that bowl fast asf just sent her to flower might have been a bad idea lol. Should have transplanted it as it is my first blue dream

4 Likes

N genetics there is distinctive difference between genotype and phenotype. Genotype is the actual genetic code of any type of organism. It maps out how that organism will grow, r at least what the potential options r. From there environmental conditions determine how the plant will actually turn out. Phenotype is the physical expression of this genetic makeup. Phenotype is determined by genotype. There can b major differences in phenotype when n fact the genotype is quite similar. The phenotype, r the physical expressions of the genetics, can b determined and effected by the environment the plant is growing n. Weather talking about about smell, taste, color, shape, r potency (specifically with reguards to the amount of resin being produced) the phenotype is at work. Most marijuana comes from indoor growing. This unnatural growing environment is not ideal for marijuana plants. N these conditions they will never reach there full potential, as phenotypes will only have a certain range of expression available. Part of this has to do with the fact that marijuana strains r starting to b bred specifically for higher THC rather than anything else, such as CBD. This means the marijuana plants grown r much more “one sided” and truly do not have the potential that their predecessors evolved to. Even with the more limited range of potential, there r still a variety of indoor environmental factors that will lead to great differences n phenotype expressions. Factors include temp, RH, lighting, medium used, nutes fed to the plants, n the time the plants r harvested. Just my $.02 worth from research on a subject I find fascinating.

10 Likes

Blockquote

16 Likes

I posted a BOM first ever this month of Luke Skywalker OG
Above the pink pistol delight was a grow I tended to this season

4 Likes

Beautiful buds and pistils!

4 Likes

So many great entries this month! Might have been one of my toughest decisions yet, so congrats to all who entered!

17 Likes

Completely agree. So many awesome entries this month, I went back and forth a few times

17 Likes

@CoyoteCody - diamonds are in fact a … best friend!
@Ripper beautiful color in that WWA
@plumbdand great black widow photo
@Budz special mention for showing an exceptional Blue Dream trimmed bud
all great entries

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes