ILGM bud of the month chat room 2019

it doesn’t sound like outdoors would be good by where i live in mich. we get lots of dewy mornings

1 Like

Yea…bud rot…less than 22 hours from green lively buds to infested with bud rot. My main LSD cola, was size of 2 liter coke bottle and about 18" long.

Thisbis what I was able to salvage, about half my plant. I usually don’t dry in this fashion but the surgical precision required to eradicate all rot required thi method. In my shop with AC running a consistant 70° for 24 hours.

This was part of an early harvest, both to save colas from rot and as a test to ensure ripeness. Truth be told, I should have harvested entire plant 3 weeks ago.

Can you use a piece of bud for BOTM :thinking:

3 Likes

Man that sucks. A lot of weed just totally wasted. I bet you’re just sick over that :frowning:

1 Like

Anyone have link to Sept BOM contest? Search comes up empty.

2 Likes

Where’s the bud of the month for September 2019?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Now that is sexy! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@NavyVet420 enough to bring a tear to my eye . I had a big harvest once and evidently did not store it the right way and by the time I got the last 12 mason jars out about half of them had mold in it . Now I put hands on and a visual about once a week until all gone happens . Sorry for your meds getting ruined

3 Likes

Was just thinking about this thought this would be the place to throw the idea out there - anyone ever thought of setting up threads for buds specific to the ilgm strains? Ie pictures of different GDP only, or Bruce banner, Skywalker OG etc… id love to scroll through different pictures of what real growers produced to see what my new harvest could look like… kinda like Leafly but I can never trust that since it’s not ILGM specific (and even the ones you find I still don’t want to trust that as blue dream could come from nirvana, Canuck, or crop kings etc)
Seems doable since there’s so many pics floating around but thought I’d check with everyone see if it’s something others are interested in and see if anyone has a better idea of how to go about implementing this.

7 Likes

Love that idea.

2 Likes

I had a couple of buds with bud rot so I chopped the plant and removed the rotten buds and dried the rest of the plant with buds still on the branches. Well I think the rot occurs through branches and works from the inside out. As after drying there was several more with rot. As soon as I had stopped being pissed off about the rot it gets me again because it showed up again in curing. Burping and checking the jars during curing I noticed the cola from the end of the branch with rot had it also. That cost me a 64 oz mason jar of buds. I later read about washing after harvest and I will in the future but it sure seems like it’s in the plants circulatory system. If you have any thoughts on the matter I’d like to hear them. Thanks

1 Like

All I have to say is I hate bud rot. first time I seen it I stumbled on it just by seeing something white on the bud, I then peeled it open a little and thought a spider had got in there, but no it was a mass of white mold that you can’t see on the outside, on the outside the bud looked beautiful , the more I looked at other buds the more I seen it, It starts on the inside of the bud, too much moisture, damp mornings , a caterpillar did some damage, or spider but you cannot see it when it first starts. I always wanted to grow huge big colas in the past and admire people who have that but unless you are running your dehumidifier at 35-40 % rh all the time you are going to get bud rot in those huge colas, humidity gets up to 60 by mistake with huge colas watch out ! I got bud rot once indoors, and all the time outdoors. once identifying the bud rotted cut out the ones around it too. I grew 8 plants here when I first moved here 5 years ago, all eight grew over 10 feet tall, yeah we were nervous as hell ! I think it was about 3lbs worth but threw 90% of it away. I filled one of those wal mart paper leaf bags up about half way with bud rot (the last of the chopped out bud rot) and it mistakenly got in with the dump run, the bag busted open at the dump with all the other trash and as we were leaving a group of people were filling their pockets with weed ! It was the dump where you back your trailer up and dump. Oh well we had a good laugh ! now I am happy with medium sized buds and not worry about bud rot, I am inside, I have a dehumidifier, and I have a lot of air movement, very much suction and intake. Happy Growing !

5 Likes

If you see bud rot at harvest you have to pry open every cola and look for more. It starts inside and may look fine from the exterior. If you leave any in there it’ll continue to rot as it dries, and can ruin everything if you jar it up for curing.

H2o2 baths are really great for outdoor grows. It’s amazing how much gunk gets washed off.

4 Likes

You said it brother. It’s one of the worst things that can happen to your grow if you ask me.

1 Like

I’m actually getting frustrated with outdoor grows here.
The past 2 years have returned less than 1/2 of what I expected. All due to bud rot. I’ve still got some going, but I was out there today just chopping off colas left and right. I may just throw one plant out next year and not give a f@ck.

1 Like

I live in the south and the heat is a big problem. Then we get rain every other day to go with it. Growing inside in the cool months might be what’s best for me. I know in the hot months it costs me about $350/ month in electricity and then I loose bud to rot so that isn’t working. Smdh

1 Like

What’s your setup like? My grow (a 2x4 and a 4x4) only runs about $240 even in the hottest months… and I keep my house on 68 with a portable ac in the flower room on 68 to insure my temps are down. I’m in coastal plains of NC so very similar weather (I run pest control co and have markets in rock hill greenville and Columbia sc so always checking weather)…

Might be a tweak you can make to make it worth while for ya is what I’m thinking. My space will return 10-15 oz easy every two months so with a couple friends chipping in on the product makes it very worth while.

2 Likes

I see so many unmature buds in contest.

3 Likes

Me too… I like to to show my buds off when they are mature and full of trichy goodness.

2 Likes

Dunno who vote for them? White baby hairs. Baby’s are cute, but the goodness came when matured.

1 Like