ILGM Bruce Banner Autoflower Grow attempt #2

Double check PH. As mr peat said. Adjust as necessary, and be sure to continue feeding. Definitely would increase after adjusting the ph if needed.

2 Likes

I double checked my soil ph via slurry. It said 5.9. FF says that soil should be 5.6-6.8ph, so i was ok that way… Then I fed at 6.8 ph, runoff came out 5.2 ph. The feeding schedule says I have to flush at weeks end. Should I just flush in a couple days when the soil is dry again? Either way, should I flush out with water that is ph’d to 6.8 or should I go higher? I looked into this on my own and was reading about adding lime and others about not ph-ing flush water at all, got me pretty confused. The only thing I read that made sense was that after flushing add nutes back in @6.8 ph same day. Not after soil dries, but immediately following the flush. Am I freaking out about nothing?
If so, can you tell me what kinda figures should cause me to have concern?

I think those numbers are reasonable, just continue to feed.

1 Like

Update on my ladies!

They are doin great! Flowering hard and smelling up the place!

Wish I knew what strain the one in the back on the left is, Fialova. She looks yummy im sure she will pair nicely with her tentmates.

3 Likes

Looking good !

Azurine looking good. Prolly my healthiest looking overall plant. Starting to turn purple, when seen through a jewelers loop.

Midori is amazing. Started out like this all yellow and deformed, (see photo above) just beautiful now

2 Likes

Loving the color

3 Likes

Things seem to be progressing well. Getting near the “projected” finishing. Another 2 or 3 weeks. Very excited for this harvest.
Kinda slacked on the pics and the grow journal this grow. Have to do better next time. I ordered from seedmans a few days ago. Ordered 5 lsd25 auto’s from fastbuds, 3 Red Poison auto from sweet seeds, 3 Bloody Skunk Auto from sweet seeds, got 3 Lemon auto, and 3 Northern Lights auto’s as freebies from seedsman and 2 mystery ( to me not them) seeds from sweet seeds as part of a promo. I will likely pop a few more Bruce banner seeds to continue my supply I dunno, kinda hoping they gets here super quick.

3 Likes

Dang you order a lot of seeds. You growing a lifetime supply over there or what? :rofl::rofl: This crop is looking great!

2 Likes

@Docnraq you are going to love the bloody skunk I’ve seen two people on here grow it and it looks amazing everytime. I have some in my cart that I’m going to order for next run also. Your lady’s look very beautiful! What kind of training did you do with them?

1 Like

Thank you, I’m pretty happy with them. I use a combination of LST, Topping, and lollipoping, and if that doesn’t get em where I want em, I lash the branches to a bamboo stake, using padded plant ties. I’ll take some pics of the under structure later today when they wake up. Here is a photo of the equipment I use to train

These are LST clips
Smallest red clips allow for very early training, larger red clips for more mature plants. Green clip is a two part piece, regular 90 degree and then extender bar for extending the curve. These clips are awesome! I’m still new, so my technique isn’t up to par yet, but they make it look good :smile:
Only two are topped, front right and rear left.

1 Like

How old were they when you topped them? I have couple autos about 12 days old so I’m curious when you tried topping they look like they responded fine they are beautiful :star_struck:

Topped at 5th or 6th node. I recommend cutting the first branch set off but still counting it as 1st node. I didn’t in this grow and it has been a constant annoyance. Easier to water a plant that has a 5 inch gap between top of soil and first branches. I’ve read you can top at the 3rd node but, with Auto’s it isn’t suggested to do it that. Lots insist you shouldn’t top Auto’s but I’m 9 plants into growing career and my topped auto’s have been the most prolific. People say it is safer to FIM vs Top for auto’s but I haven’t tried to FIM yet. This video was most helpful

1 Like

So I FIMed this one at around 14 days and it was just too early for her I think because she got some pre flower pistills shortly after but her tops are growing out nicely only been couple days. My other three in the front I haven’t tried anything with yet there only about 12 days so few more days and nodes thanks I’m gonna check out the video. Yeah Autos and photos are way different when it comes to training.

1 Like

Well after watching that video looks like I might have affected the stem when I attempted to FIM it because doesn’t that look like just three colas… Supposed to be 4. Hmm :thinking: maybe that’s it? I’m gonna Top one of my other ones and LST the other two probably

1 Like

@ConcreteBudz here is a few pics of my ladies downstairs….
Alani (topped):

This first one shows how effective the clips are at making bends which become permanent over time, alllowing for clip removal. You can also see the point where she was topped. The next pic shows the buds that developed. The tallest two in case it isn’t obvious.

Azureine (not topped):

This first pic shows the abrupt horizontal direction I forced her main stem into. It worked kinda like supercropping, as you can see the buds all turned towards the light like frogs on a log.

Midori (not topped):
First pic shows how I lashed into place three branches with one wire. Forced them to grow spaced out from each other. It also allowed me to pull them to the left or right as a group, opening up other spaces to light and airflow.

The next shows my favorite branch in my whole grow right now. It was pointing straight at the dirt and covered by taller stuff, so instead of removing it I forced it to loop (multiple adjustments every day for a week) straight up and out of the canopy.

The next pic shows the bud that developed. It’s the center bud in the pic.

Another bend from clips 90 degrees straight up.

Failova (topped):
First pic is topping point and includes a view of a sight where a branch had broken. I broke 4 branches on this plant, all but one repaired.(always pick pots up by two sides when you have branches tied to them.)

I tried to show which branches came from the topping but it was impossible to get a good photo of them.

I am still struggling with LST it’s harder then others make it sound to force the plant to grow evenly up when the tallest one grows faster then the lower ones. Highest bud gets the grow hormones.
Lollipoping will rid you of larf and give you only tops.
Taking these pics stunk up my whole apartment…It was awesome!

2 Likes

Wow man beautiful seriously some nice colas. Frosty beautiful work man. I hope mine will take good to training like all yours did. So I’n your experience topping has been more successful for you along with some LST?

1 Like

That is my experience so far. Topping forces a hormonal change in a plant. Instead of the tallest top getting most of what I call “grow juice” (the growth hormone) it starts directing it too everywhere on the plant giving a more uniform upward growing.
I would like to try mainlining but think I’ll wait until after I move outta this place so I can do it in my back yard. Photoperiod plants in a tent seems like it would be difficult, unless you have like a gorilla tent. My marshydro tent leaks light EVERyWHERE

1 Like

Ok thanks for the tips. Yeah I feel you haha I would like to attempt a mainline eventually too and yeah my Stealth Box I built has two small light leaks in the door I haven’t covered yet but my lights out in tent is same time lights are out downstairs in my apartment anyways :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I do lights out from 5:30 am to 11:30 am. The room my tent is in directly faces the AZ sun. During those hours, if the light was on the room gets to be about 80-85 degrees even with my ac set at 73.

1 Like