Today is the beginning of some fun stuff. I am excited and a bit nervous but mostly excited. My girls just broke the surface of the soil. I checked this morning and there was nothing just damp soil. I had them in peat pots with a mix of FFOF and some starter mix. Sorry don’t know what the seed starter is The bag doesn’t have a name on it and I forget what the guy at the hydro shop told me but it is similar to FFlitewarrior. I put a big zip lock bag over them so not to dry out as one was kind of dry one morning with out the bag.
So my process of germination was the paper towel and soaking. Two plants figure would try both ways and I. will say the paper towel worked awesome. I started Sunday night and started the process. The soak seed soaked about 20 hours and was still floating a little tap and it sank. So put it the soil mix and is just breaking the surface today so that is about 3 days. The paper towel one cracked open on Tuesday and now it is about a 1/2 inch. So my findings is both methods work however the paper towel is a bit quicker. I felt better about the paper towel method because I could see the seed crack open. The soaking was a bit more nerve racking because I had no idea what was happening.
I hope everyone enjoys my journey!!! I am excited!!