ILGM Blue Cheese Fem 2018

Looks good to me. I wish my blue cheese was that far into flowering. :+1:

I am using Advanced Nutrients ph perfect Bloom at this stage. 4ml per liter of each part A and B along with 2ml of Big Bud.

You’re in it dude, you don’t need us LOL

Seriously, I’d just watch the plant. Biggest problem I’ve seen is people that want bigger stuff, so they add more nutes. To the point that it builds up and becomes bad, if it doesn’t straight up burn them with that feeding.

1 Like

I think the reason not many chimed in is because the advice would have just been “Cool” LOL

1 Like

Looking good to me too, but if that ppm is correct, she’s probably going to start showing deficiencies soon. In this point of flower, I’m usually over 1000ppm :v:

1 Like

I thought my ppm was low also. So my question was is checking my ppm with run off water as reliable as mixing 1/1 ratio dirt and water, letting it sit for 24 hrs then straining through coffe filters to check?

1 Like

You can get those numbers either way, but collecting the last bit of runoff is the easier way IMO

2 Likes

And it also depends on the ppm you are putting in. I think it’s good to see the ratio to figure out what’s going on.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY

1 Like

Thanks @Whodat66!

You are going to need to tie up those branches with support strings to the main stem. Otherwise soon the colas will make branches droop and even end up on the ground. Had to with my outdoor Blue Dream before it hit six feet and the buds developed too much.

1 Like

I put water in 5 gal bckets and let it gas off for at least 48hrs before I use it. My ppm before adding any nutes is 78- 80. After adding nutes my ppm is around 700. Most of the time my ph is 6.3-6.6 after adding my nutrients, And as I said my ppm is around 700-740. So to raise my ppm should I add more nutrients? Or do you guys think that I risk nutrient burn in doing that? I ask because I read in the grow bible that my ppm should be like 750-950 in this stage and 1000-1600 in the last stage of flower. So how does one achive such high ppms?

1 Like

Good question! My ppm are low after nutes and pH-ing as well

My thinking is that I mix the nutes at less than the recommended strength, so I lose ppm? And since it is on purpose, I guess that’s OK?

1 Like

I would love to see another pic. I’m like 2 weeks behind in flower. Ur girls are so exciting to check out. Go blue cheeze

Did u figure out ur ppm? Was it low?

I guess it’s ok since you use 1/2 on purpose. I use the companies recommended amount of nutes. I think i’m just going to roll with what I have been doing. No sense in trying to fix something thats not broken. I just thought I would try to abide by the Grow Bible. lol
@MeandMiss-J I will take more pic soon. The pictures above are only 5 days old. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t continually use 1/2. I try to get as close to the recommendations as possible, just not on the first introduction of each nute ( I have a FF 6-pack) and once the plants show no ill effect I bump it up. I just noticed that because I use filtered water my ppm starts out at pretty much 000.

I use Cal-mag with every nute feeding to compensate for that (full strength now), Big Bloom is now full strength every feeding, Grow Big was just half last week (first use), but full this week, etc.

1 Like

So I guess that is where knowing the ‘in’ and ‘out’ difference is important, to see how much they are using.

If the plants don’t care, I don’t :laughing:

2 Likes

I also use Cal-mag now. I never used it before this grow. I had some sort of issue with my plants and Garrigan suggested using it to fix my problem. And it seemed to fix the problem. . So I have been using it every other water. I have been feeding nutes now every feeding for the last 3 waterings to try and bump up my ppm. I have seen no i’ll effect so far but i’m going to ease up on them for a few days and then check my ppm. Like you said the plants don’t seem to mind yet so I guess i’ll roll with it.

@MeandMiss-J I purposely forced my plants into flower a few weeks ago and thats why I am budding up so fast.

1 Like

I am more comfortable using full-nutes since I use plain water every other time (no cal-mag, just pH’d). I’m not scared of build-up either, but still using the sledgehammer flush as called for. Like you, I want to do this ‘by the book’ for the most part just to use it as a point of reference for my next 18 seeds.

1 Like

I have never used Sledgehammer flush. I have never used anything but ph’d water to flush and only before harvest to clean them up. I actually never flushed my plants during the grow cycle. I would if I thought I had a build up of nute salts, but I haven’t ran into that problem yet.

1 Like