ILGM Big Bud x2 + Chocolope x3

@GrinKnight great photos thank you for sharing I do completely agree with @Covertgrower and @dbrn32 I do all off what both have advised you me personally go by Trichomes I look for about 40% amder covering and the rest all milky looking Not clare see through Trichomes, this is what is use to have a look at how things are progressing,

4 Likes

As you will see @GrinKnight it is a magnifying glass with three settings very cheap to buy but to me it’s a must have hope this has help :v:

3 Likes

@Johnzy81 @Covertgrower @dbrn32

Thanks guys, will use your suggestions to determine right timing of harvest. However, would you advise I begin using my bloom nutrients now or at the sign of first pistils?

4 Likes

Yes you should before the sign of pistols. You want them available before she needs them @GrinKnight

3 Likes

@Covertgrower that makes sense. Would you water a few times to flush out the ‘grow’ nutrients first? Or is it ok to dive in with the bloom nutrients following my normal F-W-W-F schedule?

1 Like

@GrinKnight that’s a personal preference. I did not flush mine. I just dived right in. The plant will just use up any leftovers eventually. Don’t forget during the stretch period, it’ll still need a bit of extra Nitrogen for that growth. So it’ll get used.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I wouldn’t bother with a flush either, the bloom product has got nitrogen in it as well anyway. Its crazy how they are stretching already! I did underestimate the heat of the HPS for sure, temps get up to 90 when they come on :open_mouth: I need to get some extra cooling in there asap

2 Likes

@GrinKnight I occasionally reach 90°F as long as you have proper airflow it should be ok.

2 Likes

I agree with @Covertgrower. See if you can find the schedule for your nutes, it should support the dosing.

2 Likes

I do have it actually, just wasn’t sure when to begin counting week 1 (at switch to 12/12 or at first pistils) but I think I will start counting from switch and feed them now

Would you say a harvest after 9 weeks from switch is common? @dbrn32

2 Likes

Ok that’s a relief. Not sure if airflow is the best though…it is a closed room grow, i’ve got panda film doors so I open them when it gets too hot and i’ve got two oscillating fans in there as well. Thing is i’ve got humidifiers in there and humidity drops drastically when I open the doors @Covertgrower

1 Like

@Johnzy81 What’s this magnifier called? I’d like to look it up

@GrinKnight lower the humidity the better. So I would turn the humidifier off. Oscillating fan will help, but I’m talking flow through the grow area. Like an exhaust fan. If you have one. If you don’t, just open the door and and have the fan blow out. For nutrients I would just count from the light schedule change. Just to keep it simple. That way when the pistols do arrive, phosphorous is available for them.

3 Likes

That schedule looks like it recommends switching to bloom nutes at switch of light. I’m sure you’ll be ok either way. Depending on the npk ratios of any particular mix it will vary a lot. There are some schedules that will recommend a small amount of grow nutes well into flowering. If you were to follow Lucas method with gh I don’t think it uses grow nutes at all. So not uncommon to see lots of difference from one schedule to the next.

You’re running big bud and chocolope right? What is projected flowering times on them? I think you’ll usually see them go around that long from the time you see pistils. They’re estimates, but usually reasonably close.

4 Likes

@GrinKnight this is the on I use its prefect for the job others use a jewelry loop but its all good here is another photo of what you will be looking for

3 Likes

Switched to 12/12 on 7th Feb, anyone else think the above pictures are of a male plant?

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @Johnzy81 @Covertgrower @Dr.DankThumb420 @garrigan62 @Growit @Rugar89 @GreenThunder and of course the whole ILGM family

3 Likes

Yup KILL IT…KILL IT WITH :fire:FIRE!

1 Like

Or experiment with it and a lucky female…if you have the space and are up for the challenge