ILGM AK-47 fems ScrOG

Oh that’s ok! I just got my second tent and set up and I have everything I need… except my dang exhaust ducting. So I have to go get that tomorrow on top of the 3 places for X-mas parties we have to go to! Guess I won’t be putting up the new tent until Christmas Eve now

@muffybunny the girls look great, and you have solid plans ahead. Keep up the great growing.

1 Like

Pictures of health! That Nectar seems to treat the plants well. Great work @muffybunny

1 Like

Day 39 - Veg Day 21 (wk 3 d 7)

Merry Christmas my grow family! Our kids are grown and gone, so it’s just us this morning and my lovely wife is still asleep. So, I’m enjoying the solitude and spent quality time with my plants. Holidays are very difficult since my sister passed 2 yrs ago, so I kind of prefer being alone.

The transplants didn’t cause so much as a hiccup. I’m a big fan of regen-a-root. It’s the only product I use outside of my nutrient lines. The 4 transplants were staggered. 2 on day 1, 1 on day 2 and 1 on day 3. Time and supplies weren’t on my side to do it all on the same day. So I’ll also have to stagger nutes back into the mix. The 1st 2 will start back tomorrow night. Kind of a pain in the butt, but it will be worth it and they’ll realign to the same cycle in a week or so.

Topping. @bob31 I’m going to beat the dead horse… I think the 1st 2 transplants are ready for topping.

They’re both this healthy and bushy. I still wish there was a little more height, but I see all that potential growth under that top and wanna snip snip and get on with it. What’s your opinion?

2 Likes

Forgot… when I top this time, I’m going to try my hand at cloning. I have clonex and cubes laying in wait. I’m not even going to do another grow immediately following this. We need a gap to travel. I miss my grandbaby in Iowa. My wife misses her fam in MI. Still, I want to practice. I have a buddy to give the babies to if it works.

p.s. I already have anxiety about the idea of not having an active grow going on and it’s months away. How do you all survive between grows? Lol

1 Like

@muffybunny I feel you on that bro holidays can be a booger, I’m in the same boat you’re in except it’s my wife that is having a hard time and it’s been tough, I haven’t been unable to sleep very well, I was up early this morning checking out my girls here’s a pic my girls on day 13.

2 Likes

Day 43 - Veg Day 25 (wk 4 d 4)

My Mills plant is showing signs of a calmag deficiency I think. A couple days ago I kind of noticed 2 leaves having slightly yellow tone. Slight enough I thought it could just be the led playing tricks on me. Yesterday it became undeniable and I noticed some funky texture things happening. Interesting thing to note is Mills doesn’t have a calmag product that I could find and my grow shop carries Mills products. I found some on the bay, but Italy, and I’m not paying $50 in shipping for a $15 additive. So I added GH calimag that I already have. Fingers crossed.

I’m not panicking yet. She isn’t awful, but she’s not like these ladies…

General Hydroponics - she’s a little short but ready to be bushy

Heavy 16 - Holy sh…

Nectar for the Gods - my straggler in getting transplanted. She goes back on nutes Sunday. Obviously I haven’t beaten her up much yet with lst. Letting her recover from transplant 1st.

In prepping for scrog, I’ve been bending and guiding. They’re all pretty pliable, branches and stems alike. I finally get why scroggers joke about tucking. It seems a little overwhelming but I’ll just keep training a little every day and when the net goes on, I’ll also become a tucker. I’m becoming more sure it will be at least a 6 wk veg. All good. I’ll wait.

2 Likes

Day 46 - Veg Day 28 (wk 4 d 7)

So much going on. 1st off, the Mills plant has turned a corner. I flushed it with plain ph 5.8 water and tested the runoff at 2 different points - when it 1st started running out I captured a cup and when it was done, I tested another sample. Both times were right around 6.0 and 545. Then I gave her a pint of nute water at 50% strength. Today she is green again!

Today I celebrated New Years by getting both of my tents in order. I fixed the broken corner bracket and reinforced all 4 corners by bracing the poles with 2x2’s and zips. I cut notches on the ends to accommodate the top and bottom poles.

Then I resumed hanging stuff

After it was all set up (fans, filters, duct work, power strips, timer, etc), I cleaned all the walls and floors and moved the Mills and Heavy 16 in with the 1500w about 14 inches up. That leaves the GH and the Nectar in the 3x3 with the 600w also about 14 inches up. I’m going to have to up my lights, but I’m super broke after the holidays, so it will have to do for now. Schedule in both tents is set to 19/5.

I’ll get plant pics when I go back down to water. Happy New Year everyone.

2 Likes

Bring on the veg! I did some training. They’ve all been topped now. Tomorrow they start veg wk 4 nutes at 50%. It’s the start of week 5, but I stalled them out on nutes during the week of transplant, so I’m resuming where I left off. Slow and steady.

General Hydroponics

Nectar for the Gods

Heavy 16

Mills

How about the sites on that H16? The Mills recovered, but obviously not undamaged. There are 2-3 leaves that will likely fall before long. Overall she’ll survive it though, so I’m not sweatin’ it. I’m pretty happy with the bushyness of all 4, but dammit I wish they’d get taller. I want some space between the floor and the canopy before I’ll scrog. I’ll keep repeating week 4 nutes until they get there. I don’t want a 7-8 week veg, but it’s kinda feeling that way.

The big girls in their new home

4 Likes

Day 53 - Veg Day 35 (wk 5 d 7)

Nothing exciting happening. They’re still way shorter than I wish, but bushy and healthy with tons of future bud sites. I’m going to try real hard to minimize my messing with them this upcoming week. No bending! It will be painful, but I will try. I’d like to see at least 10 inches more height before I set up the scrog.

5 Likes

Awesome journal @muffybunny I like how your comparing nutrient lines I am following along for sure!! I’ll be learning a lot from your grow​:+1::pray:

A quick question what distance from your plants are you running that light? Thanks :wink::dark_sunglasses:

1 Like

@AmnesiaHaze It was around 18” above canopy in both tents, but I’ve dropped them both down a little since the last pic. It seems to be helping a little. I measured last night and will be keeping close track of it. Today starts week 6 of veg, but I’ll be repeating week 4 nutes again. Next week too. Hopefully they’ll be tall enough to scrog somewhere in there. I’m expecting a total 8-9 week veg.

3 Likes

Ok, my wife and I are talking lights and that we probably need more. I got the go ahead! :sunny:

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @AmnesiaHaze @VelcroThumb @Screwauger @Covertgrower and anyone else looking… lights are my weak spot. I don’t understand it. I try. I read. I see the math, but it doesn’t click for me. Can you recommend/advise? I have a 600w led and a 1500w led. 5x5x7 and 3x3x6 tents with 2 plants each that will be scrogged if they ever get tall enough. I want to stick with led. I don’t wanna waste what I have and I’m paranoid about the power company. They pay attention and report usage compared to neighbors and graphed over the year and compare to last year blah blah blah.

I’ve read topics on advertised wattage vs actual draw or something. I didn’t really understand those convos. I just don’t know how many watts to get. I’m prepared to put 2 in the 5x5. It’s huge and needs more spread than 1 fixture gives. Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated.

4 Likes

I think we should include @dbrn32 as one of the resident experts. I am happy to follow and learn but not able to shed much :sunny: on the subject. Always love “the go ahead.” lol

3 Likes

I am a HID guy myself with a basic understanding of LED’s I still advise true watt space calculations 35-55w sqf

4 Likes

@muffybunny the other question before @dbrn32 gets here, what is the budget we/you have to work with. Rapid led has a kit now for a 5x5 area. Do you want a assemble-it-yourself kit or one you open a box and plug in? I can tell you my rapid led fixture is growing great and is very efficient. Quantum panels are easy to assemble and would cover almost all of that, but 1ft squared. But if you don’t grow that many plants you may be able to get by with a smaller fixfure. Let us know.

3 Likes

I believe rapid and timber both have 5x5 frame setups if we’re looking at cobs. I can come back and spend more time after kids hit the sheets, I’m on duty tonight lol.

Otherwise take it away on the led end @Covertgrower. And thanks for tag @Screwauger

3 Likes

Ok @muffybunny, I have some free time. Just so I can try to get you into the best scenario possible, how do you plan to use those two spaces? Two independent grows? Or like the smaller tent as a veg area and the bigger one as flowering space? If you have something else in mind, that’s cool too just let me know.

I’m assuming budget is important, also consider your goals for the future, and how you plan to use the space. Scrogs are good but also require a good amount of light coverage if they’re big. So if you plan on having canopy wall to wall in a 5x5, it will probably be a little pricey regardless of what you choose. If you plan on having some dead space in the 5x5 to walk around or have equipment, we can plan around that and probably save you some cash.

Also, which lights do you currently have and what about them do you like or would like to see better with your future lighting?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 the original plan was 3x3 veg, 5x5 flower but I decided to split them and do both cycles in both. I plan to scrog 3x3 full and 4x4 in the 5x5. I currently have 1 600w led and 1 1500w led. My preference is plug and play. My technical aptitude is not good. “Assembly” is not usually my friend.

@Covertgrower budget is fairly open.

@muffybunny if you intend to do flowering in both tents, you’ll need enough light for flowering. The quantum panels are the more reasonable and you can build them for around 4-500 I think. The rapid led fixture is a bit more. If you went with citizen COB’s the price can come down quite a bit and would cover your 5X5 area very well. If you went with Cree LED’s they’re a little bit spendier. If you can jumpstart a vehicle you could assemble LED’s. Positive and negative. Promise it’s fairly straightforward. Here’s a price for the citizen COB’s with an extra $200 added for the outside frame. It’s not necessary, but it works well. You could save the $200. You also get 10% off your first order, and free shipping.

1 Like