If the first, second, third, etc. Time you don't succeed

Ok folks gonna try again. Soaked another (3 left) LSD-25 in tap water until it popped ( about 36 hours) plucked it out with sanitized tweezers and placed between moist paper towels another 8-10 hours until it had a nice tail about 3/16th long. In the meantime I cut 2 nice slots at the bottom of red solo cup filled with FFO and a generous mix of moist peat and perlite. I watered the cup with 6.5 ph creek water 24 hours prior to placing the germinated seed gently tail down into the cup per @Hellraiser method.
Now I have placed the cup in my bathtub under 2 Agrobrite 32w CFL lights @dbrn32. Understand that this will be my 17th or 18th auto seed of a couple different strains that I smooth MURDERED​:skull_and_crossbones::poop::skull: very disappointing :pleading_face: what I lack in skill I make for it with enthusiasm and time ( recently disabled, PTSD). I think if I can get through the seedling stage with ya’lls help I’m gonna invest in a tent and QB. I already have a APERA PH20, 5 gallon fabric pots, soil, nutrients (locally composted chicken manure, pellets and liquid) so for another $500 and some help from this group maybe I can stay lifted without having to beat the bushes for a plug​:thinking:
Think I’ve learned my my lesson with over watering (man that’s been a HARD obstacle or I’m hard headed) Anyway thanks for the help I’ve already received and we’re off to the races again🐎
Any and all critiques will be welcomed :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Sounds like a fine start. You got this! I’ve only started on five gallons but I’m sure some people here can tell you exactly, like to the ml, how much water to give them when they’re babies in solos, and how often. You could probably find that info in quite a few journals too! I feel you on the water it’s really hard not to water them all the time. Just trust what these people tell you and ignore your instincts to drown them, lol. Is your LSD 25 fast buds? I’ve got one growing I’ll let you know how she smokes :wink:

why dont you try some plain old seedling mix with nothing in it or straight pro mix with nothong in it to get your seedlings thru the hard starts

3 Likes

Yep Fastbuds from a bank in Maine. Eagle009 the last time we chatted I was limited as to how often I could respond. Anyway think you said you were in Florida right, hot and humid :sweat_smile::fire: Have you tried any Auto’s outdoor?

1 Like

The FFO that I have has been heavily flushed from rain plus I’ve poured several gallons of PH’ed water through it, you think it’s still too hot?

1 Like

@Hellraiser is a master grower. he has forgotten more than i will ever know. i can tell you the simple newbie way to start seedlings. @LoCoRock and @PurpNGold74 walked me thru my first. plain seedling mix and distilled water

4 Likes

Nah I’m indoor

Are you still killing your sprouts? Have you ever tried starting tbem right in the soil, that is how i start all my seeds.

1 Like

Plan sounds good.

I know some very good growers that still walk on eggshells with seedlings, so don’t feel discouraged. If you aren’t successfully this time I think @pptrsha1 has a good suggestion trying something that’s pretty much inert. But let’s hope these go.

2 Likes

I just ordered some Happy Frog.

light warrior is better for seedlings in my opinion.

i learned cloning last grow and cloned so many i had no room for them. just to see how it was done

3 Likes

Sorry @210Twice some how that coment went to the wrong post.

I have never started my seeds with the paper towel method before. I am too woried about damaging the tail. The way i feel is they start right in the soil in nature why change. I do however make a shallow hole in the dirt before i place the seed in. I then place the seed in the hole an lightly cover the hole i poi t the seeds so yhe tap root grows down and the seed will easily push up through the thin covering of sand.

1 Like

i never use paper towel either

@pptrsha1, i was going to sugest you try this on your next grow might help not kill so many little ones. But i wanted to finish reading your journal. Its. Soooo long and i am a bit of a slow reader. Lol.

1 Like

i joined last year july and just kept the same journal lol

hard to believe that you got over 4k in posts in a year. You must be doing something right. Lol. Keep up the fun work…

1 Like

She won’t admit to doing something right Im sure but I will attest to comic relief no doubt!! LoL

3 Likes

I can’t stop reading.

1 Like