If the females get pollinated, would have I had feminized seeds or something I don't want?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“Last year I purchased some auto seed, one turn out to be a male, I pulled it out but my question is, if I had let it pollinate the females, would have I had feminized seeds or something I don’t want?”

You should have ended up with male and female plants as opposed to feminized. Often, they are easier to handle than feminized; which can turn on you if you prune them wrong lol.

2 Likes

I thought autos were feminized. Is that not correct? I know they can hermy from stress and stuff but didn’t know there were male autos. :thinking:

4 Likes

The ruderalis genetics dictate it being an auto flower. There are still male and female plants. The means by which the plant delivers feminized seeds is a wholly artificial one. I would think that a male pollinating a feminized plant will seed out male and female seeds.

3 Likes

@AnneBonny @Myfriendis410

All the Auto’s from ILGM are feminized. But not all auto’s from other seed banks are.

2 Likes

That must be what I was thinking of @bob31 thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

And if an auto get pollinated I think it is the same as any female plant. The seeds will be male and female. @AnneBonny @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

I thought I read somewhere that in order to get feminized seeds you have to germinate a feminized plant, which will produce both fem and male seeds, and the fem seeds from the feminized plant will grow plants that, if germinated, produce all feminized seeds? Or something like that. :slight_smile:

I am not a plant biologist and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so that’s all the help I can offer. :smiley:

2 Likes