If my strain is mold resistant can I still get bud rot?

Was scared that little brown spot could be some bud rot any advice helps ! The strain is ilgm god father og, which is mold resistant, it is week 7 btw

@Docnraq

2 Likes

Well of course you can if you don’t have enough air circulation

1 Like

Cut away that lil bit if you want, otherwise watch it and see if it grows at all, if its rot youll know in 24 hours cuz it will get bigger. Best way to keep from getting rot and mold is not in strain selection but is instead in humidity control, ventilation, and circulation. High CO2 High RH and temps in the 80’s biggest cause of mold and rot.

3 Likes

My tent hasn’t hopped past 50 percent rh and I got 2 ac infinity cloud labs blowing on the top of the buds and have a metal fan at the bottoms blowing at the bottoms of the plants and an in-line fan on top of the light so I really don’t think air circulation is a problem

1 Like

See the tent hasn’t surpassed 50 percent rh I got a big dehumidifier to prevent that

That flower looks kinda strange so I’m not sure if that’s bud rot are not… @MeEasy @OGIncognito

See that one plant has been weird this whole time all the other plants are doing good

Genetics screw up. I tried to take a good look at it but just can’t say for sure… I’d cut that chunk off and roll with it… :muscle::100:

2 Likes

Sounds like you have all you can do to prevent, likely not rot because of all that.

1 Like

Thanks man I might just toss that plant still got a few good plants

2 Likes

Ya sense it’s last few weeks and I’ve been only giving plain phed water could that do that ?

Dont toss the plant unless you actually find something. Its not like brown and fuzzy isnt normal weed colors and texture. I mean trust your gut but dont let fear dictate your actions. If anything remove the one bud and watch the others. Nothing about your environment says you should have any rot.

This will make for funny colors in the leaves but shouldnt in the bud.

1 Like

I don’t see any rot but that leaf you have circled is the kind of thing that can start it off. I obviously can’t see the whole thing so check it out really well and make sure you have plenty of air moving around and humidity down under 50% if at all possible

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the help and ya I’ve kept the humidity down might just chop that one bud off and inspect the insides, I’m at week 7 going on 8 so let’s pray and hope its not bud rot

1 Like

Fingers and toes crossed! Your plants look fantastic my new friend.

2 Likes

Ya except that one plant it’s just depressing to see one go bad, but then again we only learn from our mistakes

2 Likes

True that! Gotta grow to know. If she is rotten its because you did so well in there are too many tops in too small a space.

1 Like

what-he-said-look-up
I don’t see anything I would stress about, they look great :+1:

This is a great article on rot with good pictures of what to look for, causes, and how best to deal with it

2 Likes

See I saw that same thing and it does have drying leaves but I just thought it was cause of the plant being on its last stages of life

2 Likes

I dont believe you have mold going on, but if youre really concerned, you can give a spray of 50/50, water/peroxide. This will kill any mold/mildew. If the buds are rotting from the inside, snip the dying material, and a little further up and down stem to get ahead of it.

1 Like