If I want to SCROG in a 27X 27 footprint is one 5 Gallon the best method

Not sure if I should use 1 five gallon or 2 two Gallon pots. One pot would be easier but if a plant dies I an back to the start. Can I plant two seeds in a five gallon to make care easier?
The these are photo this time so not concerned about extra time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t. You’ll end up with the roots of the 2 plants getting entangled and competing for water, nutrients, and air. The plants may mature at different rates as well.

4 Likes

I would not plant two seeds in one pot. You have root issue big time. I don’t know you could grow them that way. happy growing :bat: :rofl:

3 Likes

So two seeds in one pot is not a good idea. Makes sense. Is only growing one plant a risk? Has anybody done just one at a time?

1 Like

One plant per pot would be much better. Also one plant Can easily fill your space.
happy growing !

4 Likes

Many people has done one plant at a time.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the guidance. I am planning second grow and think a SCROG with one plant would be best way to use small space. Stay safe.

3 Likes

Purple Kush
5 gallon fabric pot
24x24" frame
I cut out the mason line used for the scrog

3 Likes

Well, if your more concerned about your only plant dying, and setting you back to square one, than you are about the cost of a second seed and time and trouble to care for two instead of one, you could always start two plants, in separate pots, and as they get close to being crowded, sacrifice whichever is looking the worst of the two.

That way you have the better growing if the two, and didn’t risk having to start over a month after you planted the first one. Of course, this won’t help if the one you kept dies a week later, but it would increase the chances of getting a plant to the point it can fill half the space.

That said, I’m not sure I could do that. I mean, as a noob, some of the seed prices seem a bit crazy (I think back to all the seeds I tossed away in my youth, and I think “I could have been rich!”) but it’s not the cost of the extra seed that would bother me, but tossing out a potentially perfectly healthy weed plant, despite it being for the good of the other plant, it would still hurt, a lot!

1 Like

I would definitely use separate containers. The roots will need more space. Honestly if I had to do over again, I would be running 8gallon containers instead of 5.

1 Like

This is my white widow in a 5gallon bag. 1st time so it could have been a little better. Also a 27x27 net frame.

1 Like

Thanks. My first grow I planted four seeds in four two gallon pots and all came up. I did not want to kill any of them. I had a hard time keeping humidity low during flower. I am hoping one large when will fill the tent. I am more concerned about getting a plant growing during these less humid months. The cost of time is worth the cost of a seed. Thank you

Thanks as always. I know you helped my in my first grow also. How old is that plane?

1 plant. 20 gal. 3x3. Just flipped last week or so. No LST and minimal training. Fimmed to death. Dropped her putting in the 20 and broke main stem…lol. rebuilt her bringing 2 smaller on up. Lotta veg. If scrogged she would be wall to wall. So that being a 20…a 10 will work.

1 Like

not sure of the question

How old is the plant?
That is what I get for typing on a small phone.

1 Like

I’m filling up my 3x3 with one 3 gallon pot
Just keep topping her here and there and before you know it bam she’s spreads like wildfire
Good look happy growing

1 Like

I am terrible at scrabble.
The day the photo was taken was 155 total grow days and 78 days on 12/12. I flipped her on day 77. Dried and cured a little over 12 oz and another 40g of sugar leaf trim for goodies.