If Dogs Were Middle-Aged Men...Pt 2

Hey @rodri59 haven’t seen or heard from you in awhile and wanted to check in! Hope all is well.

Rob

1 Like

I second @Tylan ‘s question. @rodri59 happy growing.

2 Likes

Whelp, here I am, again. With the wonderful product of my maiden grow back last summer dwindling, it is time to put some effort into Grow #2. This will be my journal for grow #2. Since my first grow was relatively problem free, I am expecting any and all problems with this grow, cuz, well that is just how life goes for me.

And in celebration of the seeds I just dropped , here is a little “taste” of the fun that will be had with this journal:

In honor of the name of this journal

So hopefully you all are not uber sensitive, cuz I am a fairly off-color person when it comes to humor.

To be continued………

@Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @SmoknGranny @FreakyDeekie @Tylan @GreenThunder

6 Likes

Yippee!!! She’s back folks :grin: so strap on, pull up your “Dependos”, and enjoy the wit and humor of @rodri59 It’s gonna be a fun ride! Welcome back my friend :hugs:

3 Likes

Woohoo! Set to “watching”.

1 Like

Thanks for the humor. My dogs both do that sometimes. I have kicked them both out of the bedroom. Ugh!
Thanks for the tag, I have this set to watching from last time. No worries. Anyways glad to have you around again.
Obviously I don’t have a grow right now, but I intend to throw some auto beans in the woods for a quick turn around, especially since I’ll be all out when I get there. But I seriously need to get growing, I have a few beans stocked up. @rodri59
What strains do you have started?

3 Likes

Well @Covertgrower, since you asked…

I was going to update you all later tonight, but now is as good a time as any I s’pose.

First an update on life.

I became a grandma on May 24th to a beautiful little baby boy named Emery (Rory) Edward. He has been a handful since conception lol. Suffice it to say he has caused some concern from a health standpoint with his kidneys (in utero it was discovered me had only one kidney…then they found the 2nd one which they said was underdeveloped and NOW he seems to have 2 fully functioning, healthy kidneys right where they are suppose to me) to being labeled a possible “failure to thrive” baby at his last appt. He was not gaining weight as of last Tues. But today lo and behold the little buggar gained a whopping 7 ozs and is back at his birthweight. Needless to say mom and dad (AND grandma) were worried sick until he received a clean bill of health from his pediatrician. Mom (my daughter) is breast feeding and of course she had convinced herself that she wasn’t making enough milk or something was wrong with her milk which was causing the weight loss. No amount of my talking to her could alleviate her fears until she saw the scale today when he was weighed. Anyway, HUGE weight off everyones shoulders. :sunny:

Dear hubby will be jobless in about 3 months :angry: and we are currently exploring our options as well as where in the world do we want to live. I do like the Southeast…but there are other areas we might explore. Moving to a weed friendly state would sure be nice, but I am good at this “stealth growing” shit so I can manage. We are looking for our “forever/retirement” home as of this writing. Hubs will continue to work but yours truly is hanging up her sign. Well, unless some major inspiration should befall me and writing it down might elicit a laugh, tear or some other emotion which writers try to elicit from their audience.

So on to the good stuff!!

Yesterday I dropped 4 seeds: Chocolope, LSD, Sour Diesel and Amnesia Haze. All seem to have cracked and 3 tap roots are emerging. Chocolope looks cracked but no tap root as of this writing. I decided to drop another Chocolope “just in case.” The beautiful thing is I ABSOLUTELY LOVE chocolope so if they do both grow up and produce…well too much of a good thing is, just that, a GOOD thing. I REALLY recommend Chocolope. The coffee/chocolate aroma is magical and the effects are well worth a long curing time. Honest to goodness this baby gets better with age. So 5 seeds will hopefully result in 5 healthy happy plants

Peace out peeps!

5 Likes

Woooo glad to see you’re back @rodri59! Missed ya!

2 Likes

Chocolope is definitely another strain I’ve been eying. Short on time. I hope life improves despite all of its shortcomings.

1 Like

What particular weed friendly states are you considering? Mi goes to vote in November for recreational. I’m sure it will pass.

2 Likes

Fantastic news about Rory :heart: I’m sooo happy for you and your family.
Rats about your hubby’s job :rage: As you know I’ve been there and moving … a PITA! Being a little selfish I’d love to have you as a neighbor :blush: Then we can get lost together :rofl:

1 Like

Whelp.

Since I am currently licking my wounds concerning the seedlings I started last month and promptly all died, I thought maybe you could use some more interesting news concerning THE WALKING DEAD…

As some of you know, I am privy to a spoiler here and there so I am going to tell you all what I know at this point. Some of this is already common knowledge so I am really not spoiling much, BUT…here goes…

WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!

YOU

HAVE

BEEN

WARNED…if you don’t want to know, than DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!!

Okay, so some of you may remember I told you in another thread a month or so ago that we, as fans, might find this season to be a difficult one and there could be loads of anger over what is going to happen…so…having said that:

OUR group (the originals Rick, Carol, Daryl and Maggie) are fractured. Lots of anger and resentment aimed at Rick.

Maggie is UBER angry with Rick for not killing Negan and this causes her to plot against our fearless leader.

There will be 2 time jumps this season. The opener will see the group starting to make inroads in pulling the friendly groups into some sort of functional society. The original group, the oceanside group, The Hilltop group and possibly Jadis from the Garbage pail kid groups will begin to work together. There will also be several new characters introduced including a few from the graphic novels. But, even as they attempt to pull these groups together there is still descension growing in the ranks (namely Maggie and Daryl all because Negan is still a jail bird and not dead as these two would prefer).

The first time jump will be approx. 12-18 months in the future from the finale of last season. We will see Maggie no longer pregnant and a baby boy named aptly Hershal Jr. instead of her pregnancy. But the happiness of this event will be overshadowed in episode 5 (or possibly 6 at this time I am not sure) in which it would seem that Rick meets his demise. and rumour has it that Maggie might be the cause of his death.

Yes folks Andrew Lincoln (Rick) is ending his tenor with TWD, he has officially announced this both at SDCC this year and in tweets he has recently put out. Rumor has it that he was so incensed with Carl’s (Chandler Riggs) death last season that he saw no point to continuing on with the show. Now, bare in mind that AMC and the producers like to play games and try to outmaneuver the spoiler sites, sooooo I am not going to commit fully 100% that I believe he is going to be killed off (remember Glen’s first brush with death under the garbage dumpster???) But, sadly, right now I am about 95% sure he will die.

So, the powers that be have decided that Daryl will assume the feature role in the show and rumors are he was offered a boatload of money not to leave. Now

There are (were) also rumors that Lauren Cohen (Maggie) was going to depart the show as well, but contract negotiations finally convinced Lauren not to leave (as of this writing).

Also, it looks like Bad ass Carol will find love this season. :heavy_heart_exclamation: Who you ask? Well lets just say that his name starts with an “E” and ends with “zekiel”. This was no surprise to me as they teased at this a bit last season.

Negan is a mystery, although at least for the first half of the season he remains a prisoner under Ricks watch. What happens to him after Rick dies?..ugh the possibilities are numerous with Daryl and Maggie leading things.

The next time jump will occur after Ricks death and it looks to be several years into the future. Since TWD is still filming I do not know what is in store for the back half of the season. But, I will let you know as soon as I find out myself.

@SmoknGranny

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Sadly until I get a new Dish receiver no WD for me :worried: I only have to move the humongous aquarium and stand hubby put in front of where the current receiver is :rage: and then knock down some 10-15’ high weeds growing near the satellite Dish. No problem :rofl: once my superwoman cape charges up!!!

2 Likes