If cannabis is legalized nationwide

Wow, that is unbelievably harsh, makes me paranoid as well.

1 Like

Yall have to get it out of your mind that you arw doing something wrong, because you’re not really. You’re not hurting anyone. I eventually just set my own mind as in I’m not doing abything wrong or illegal. I just have a connection with the best medicine out there. You can’t always have in your mind that you could get caught or are always paranoid. Just believe that you are doing nothing wrong. At least that’s how I got over it

3 Likes

your correct that I am hurting no one, doing no major crime. sadly the courts in my state disagree. it is very difficult not to think about being locked up. got 3 years, served 8 months. I just cant shake the memories of the past. that felony has made many things difficult in life.
I have lost some paranoia, simple fact that im on here and took pics has been a big step for me.
I learned while in navy, loose lips sink ships. also my motto is, don’t tell anyone, unless you want every one to know

5 Likes

@patch67 Fine line between paranoia and extreme caution. One sounds unreasonable, the other, prudent. I hope you’re in a better place.

1 Like

The biggest advantage to users is that if the feds legalize mj it will put a halt to the pre-employment standards that dismiss you as a candidate for a position with a company or a grounds for dismissal. I don’t engage in any controversy but but I am a responsible adult and working is an important factor to myself. I am quite tired of needlessly having pain that could be managed by homeopathic means. Bummer.

2 Likes

I’m still a firm believer of decrimilazation over legalization, it’s better for everyone in my opinion. :v:

1 Like

Im not. Legalization does away with decriminalization. Think about it. :grin:

1 Like

I’m a vet too BTW.

4 Likes

I would have to disagree with you. Legalisation doesn’t do away decrimilazation. Decrimilazation
simply removes criminal and monetary penalties for possessing any amount of marijuana, including the “manufacture,” transportation, or storage of the substance.

Legalisation on the other hand appears to be the best remedy: not only does it remove criminal penalties but it’s yet another source of taxation and control bu the local, state, and eventually the fed level, but what could go wrong with the government taking control over it…

There is a little more, but that is the chicken bone so to speak of my opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service and sacrifice

3 Likes

An update: NY senator Chuck Schumer is now proposing a bill to legalize cannabis nationwide!!! Don’t get my hopes up Schumer! You are doing the right thing buddy :ok_hand:

5 Likes

This isn’t legalizing it per se but decriminalization at the federal level. It would still be at the pervue of the states whether they want to legalize it or not. Still a step in the right direction!!!

2 Likes

Right but at the federal level if cannabis is decriminalized,(aka: taken off the scheduled drug list COMPLETELY) it would be regulated and taxed like beer, soda pop, and everything else!

3 Likes

Biggest problem is they tax the ever loving crap out of it, but I would take any legalization I could get. These Neo-Cons where I live would probably tax $10 a gram. They don’t call it a tax. With them everything is a “fee”.

2 Likes

They are finding out now that pharmaceutical companies are paying doctors to prescribe opiods. Crazy as it seems but they do not want marijuana because of the money. But now finding out that marijuana helps kick opiod addiction. What a mess money has gotten us into in America. Money is more important that an Americans health.

4 Likes

That’s for damned sure.
As long as their pockets get fat they don’t care about turning the whole country into zombies.

1 Like

I can’t speak for Diesel, but some people view legalization as a continuation of prohibition policy, with regulatory compliance and exorbitant licensing fees replacing the for-profit prison system.

Outright decriminalization on a national level, followed by reasonable regulation of commerce (normal taxes and consumer protections) is optimal, but not likely. Legalization seems more likely than decriminalization.

So, with all that is going on worldwide a global recession is inevitable. However, the beginning of rumblings that “old pot” could generate billions…ears are perking up all the sudden. Let’s hope all.

3 Likes

Democracy is 2 wolf’s and a lamb voting on what’s for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the results. Ben Franklin.

3 Likes

I don’t know if anyone noticed with all the exciting activity of the last 24 hours, but with the Democrats now in charge of the senate the change of decriminalization has just gone up considerably. The house has been trying for a few years now. Pot stock prices are up today

1 Like