If all goes well, how much can a 2x2x4 tent yield?

I’ve been really trying to figure this answer out but info I Google seems to be vague. I understand to take into account growth methods and such. But out curiosity, how much can a person get (growing Trainwreck) in a 2x2x4 tent? With topping involved and LST as well. Just trying to get an idea of an estimated yield from someone who has grown in small tents like this.

5 Likes

It’s vague because there is no real answer. Yield is dependent on far too many factors to cite what it might be. Grower experience, lighting, proper soil management, and so on. The answer could legitimately be anything from a half-ounce to 3/4 of a pound depending on these factors.

11 Likes

This makes sense. I know it was probably a vague question just hoping it doesn’t take me 14-16 weeks just to get a half Oz but it’s all part of learning also.

2 Likes

Yes. Grower’s yields will improve with experience. The best way to ensure a maximum yield is to focus on the basics - good soil (or coco or hydro,) good lighting, proper watering, management of pH and PPM,…

11 Likes

Makes the process more valuable than the product.
What is the goal?
Grow experience, lighting (PPFD and DLI), seed production, clone production, or harvest-curing, all can change grow priorities. Your growing experience will change your goal, my bet.

3 Likes

I’m trying to yield as much as I can with this grow cycle by learning everything step by step. Not really any goal. Would just love to have enough that would last through another grow cycle. But this is mainly just a hobby with a great reward at the end.

4 Likes

So, a person can grow 2 plants, but I’m finding two plants can get fairly crowded, but say two decent plants at around 3 1/2’ each, and they both yield average, I’d estimate around 12 dry ounces give or take.

2 Likes

The footprint size of your light makes all the difference. No matter how many plants you have the yield is limited by the light available in a defined space.
ILGM makes a claim for Trainwreck feminized yielding a whopping 5 to 15 oz per 3 sq.ft. My average for various strains has been 4 oz per plant (2’x2’ canopy)
Most seed suppliers furnish this info on their sales site.

2 Likes

I wish seed sellers didn’t make these claims. They are based on professional grows with grow parameters that hobby growers rarely achieve. The estimates assume ideal conditions.

4 Likes

It has taken just over a year of learning to get a steady supply. A lot of mistakes and a few ruined crops but I am getting it now I think. I haven’t had to buy for a few months now and actually had a little surplus for a family member.
I have several plants at different growth stages so I harvest about every other month. I have a 32x48x60 (approx) area with 2 T-1000 LED lights (150w each)

I have 2 sprouts just added to this mix. :arrow_up:

2 Likes

I agree! I figure 60% of what they claim (low end) is usually pretty close. It would take a ton of light and supplemented Co2 to achieve 15 oz in 3x3 space.

5 Likes

I always recommend buy the tallest tent your space will accommodate. 4 feet Can be tough most pots 12 inchs plus need to hang your Exhaust fan an lights And allow a minimum of 12" between top of plant and light. That doesn’t leave much to work with. Just my thoughts good luck :+1: :v:

5 Likes

I got a Qp on my First with an additional 2oz trim cuttings which was used to make butter

1 Like

Rough est 3/4 to 1lb…thats if all goes perfectly and the buds get dense…happy gardening

2 Likes

So I have a AC infinity 4ft tent. I actually put the exhaust fan on the outside (on top of the tent) and then the carbon filter is on the inside, closer very close toward the back of the tent to allow enough room for growth. I didn’t want all that stuff in the way, so luckily I did research in this regard and how I can set up my tent, giving enough room for the plant to grow.

3 Likes

I actually originally had the filter hooked up on the outside too. Wasn’t sure if this was going to be efficient as I saw arguments against it in some other forum I read awhile back. I couldn’t understand what difference it made if it was inside or outside the tent.

1 Like

Can you please show the inside of the tent? I have the same one and would like to see the setup inside

I did what @anon72256435 mentioned and put the exhaust fan and filter in outside. I set the filter up as an example and way you can do it. But not necessary to have until she flowers.

1 Like

I’m glad they do so I at least know this strain produces more than that one in general.
Just like the thc content they advertise is not accurate for the hobby grower but it at least lets you know this strain is stronger than that one on thc content.