Identify cannabis leaf problems

@M4ur, I don’t know why that would offend anyone. I don’t think any conclusions have been made, just observations and explanations. week 6 of flower is the age. At week 6 of flower there may be leaf dying off, but that would look more yellow .

I think at this age the flush should be a good Ideea but also adding some cal-mag if he has or only Epsom Salt (1/4 tbs per gallon of water).
I also saw that you say it’s a magnesium issue but I think it’s more a calcium deficiency. And that is because the calcium is immobile and she needs a little magnesium :+1::wink:

2 Likes

I see both calcium and magnesium deficiencies, however it also exhibits signs of nitrogen toxicity.

A toxicity could be causing deficiencies elsewhere

Simply based on what I see I would not try to correct any nutrient deficiencies until I did this first and then gave the plant several days for new growth to emerge

Your more than half way through flower, she will want nutrients back pretty quick after you take them away but don’t be in a rush to max them out right out the rip. Walk her up with each feeding 400ppm, 600ppm, 800ppm then back to 1000ppm or a little more depending

Some people might say this is the strain but I personally don’t believe it. My bbgum plants never get purple stems until right at the end when I cannot keep up with her Mg intake. The rusty spots are calcium imo

2 Likes

I personally expect the older fan leaves to start looking beat up. They get tugged on and tucked and so I focus more on what my new growth is looking like. I see good looking new growth on your girl, but a support ticket would help a ton. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you guys for all the great info! Here’s my Support Ticket. I need to wait 18 hours to reply because I’m new here. I think it’s a cal mag problem but my other plant that I harvested had the same problem it was a random bag seed and I didn’t get the right food when I was growing it but the bubblegum has been getting the calimagic to stop cal meg in the first place… and I give my Fox Farm food every other watering then flush with 6.5 water then food again when soil getting dry up.

Strain; BubbleGum off ligm

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil in pots

System type? = LED?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.5 run off what’s reservoir.

Pt

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS = Don’t know what EC means.

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size? 2 Light 600W Mars Hydro LED = 1200w

Temps; 73F, 67F
Humidity; 60%, 55%

Ventilation system; None, Just fans

Co2; No

Purple stems vs purple veins
Veins are bad

1 Like

I respectfully disagree @Fever :pray: I have been running test by increasing magnesium while lowering other nutrients. I have a plant right now that all the stems turned purple under a normal Lucas formula. I lowered my Lucas formula ppms and added two different magnesiums to the mix to make up the difference in ppms. Everyday my stems have less purple in them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Plus, the veins are fed by the petiole, they are almost one in the same. You have to ask yourself, why would it be ok for veins to be purple but not the petiole?

I mean no disrespect and my beliefs are a product of my own research. I’ve never done breeding so I truly can’t say if you can breed a purple petiole in or not, but any purple petioles that have popped up on me, i have successfully gotten to go away.

2 Likes

I have gotten pretty consistent at keeping my pants looking like this right until the end of flower when i can’t keep up with their intake

new-shoots-topping-3

1 Like

What do purple stems mean? I’m still confused. Does it have something to do with ph or feeding. I never seen the stems this purple it’s like just happening. Will plants do this if there close to the grow light?

That is a cal-mag issue but also can be genetic.

I actually have one that has purple veins and just noticed. I’m not saying ourole is bad, but it is a sign of stress sometimes

To me, it means the plant wants more magnesium or maybe, even a little phosphorous.

As far as could it be PH or feeding? well I think it can be either one. Think about it, if your not feeding them enough of what they want then it can cause a deficiency, but, if your PH is out of whack, it will cause them not to take up enough of what they want therefore also causing a deficiency.

I wouldn’t go into emergency mode though @fibzeih.
Take a look, even though this guy has purple stems his leaves still look great.

As long as my leaves look great I don’t freak out, I just use the purple stems as a guide on what the plant wants a little more of.
If you were thirsty and asked me for a glass of water, I’d give you one :slightly_smiling_face: I just look at it like the plant is asking for a little something :ok_hand:

I’ve had the main stem purple on me in soil and even though I got the petioles to lighten, I could never get that woody stem to return green again, but I can’t reverse deficiencies in soil anywhere near as fast as I can in hydro.

2 Likes