Ideas on outdoor structure to hold buds

I’m wanting to see if anyone has any ideas on some kind of way or structure to hold the heavy buds & branches from falling over.
I am thinking about making an arbor out of pvc pipe that will slip over some 8’ steel green poles driven in ground that will tie into other up rights to make the arbor/canopy.
I need a 3-4” square openings on top, and 5’ tall.
Has anyone used fencing with 4” square holes for there buds to come through?
Appreciate any ideas that have worked for you. Tia

2 Likes

Can u just get bamboo sticks from home depot or lowes and tie them off to the bamboo sticks thats what i do with my indoor ones that get super heavy.

1 Like

@Wackywildwilly that’s a pretty good problem to have. Nice!:v:

1 Like

I’ve seen people use just tomato cages, but earlier. Just make sure made out of aluminum preferably or galvanized, don’t want rust on plants.

Are we talking a gurilla grow or a backyard grow? Your options are somewhat limited because ya waited too late. If it’s a legal grow a brush arbor would work fine, but if its a gurilla grow your gonna be limited now to poles and string.

Next year build you a 4 pole structure and install a screen

Thanks for the idea. It sounds cost effective and efficient. I think I’ll go this route.

Thanks for your input. I guess one would use screen with large holes (1 or 2 inches) for the plants to come through. What do you use for the frame poles?

Trellis sized. 2" way too small. Usually 5-6".

Legal? untreated 4 inch posts by 8 ft. Gurilla grow? Any straight tree I can find about 8 ft and I leave the top on it for camo, whack off the bottom sharpen into a point with machette stab into the ground.

Legal I would use dog fence wire, I hate the nylon plastic ones. Gurilla grows I don’t use a screen, I top 4 times if it’s a sativa dominate strain and use poles if needed. Or a string tied between two trees over my grow that I can tie plants back too.

In a gurilla setting, and if I got room and not enough time away from work to top and prune I will not top the plants and bend my plants over and tie to a stake. It’s sort of an old school gurilla lst.

If u build a scrog u can use three quarter pvc pipe and some 90s make screw holes evenly across tops and weave twine around screws. I made mine with e inch holes some do bigger. Make whatever works for u. 3 inch is about smallest id gap tho

A type of bamboo grows wild around here. Tall, up to 20 footers are common. :grin:

I would probably opt for bamboo stakes too. Simply for ease of use at point of grow you’re in.