Ideal tent size for 6 plant scrog

Thanks. I had 3 photos and 6 auto flowering plants.

me too good luck just overloaded with too much info i have had a garden for 25 years always have done pretty good
but gotta say maybe???people take it way to far

1 Like

I’ve finished my first grow and the scrog went really well, check her out it’s durban poison, first time grow

2 Likes

Hello @North_East_Newbie,

I’ve seen the term “photo” plants used in this thread. What are photo plants?

Thanks!

1 Like

@garberfc in the simplest of terms…

Photo = meaning they need a change in light to trigger flowering cycle. Usually an 18/6 light schedule to a 12/12…

Auto = Has an internal clock and flowers when it wants, light change is not needed…

2 Likes

That is a monster first yield! Great job dude😎

1 Like

Thanks @Nug-bug!
I surprised myself on this grow. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m in a different situation than all you east coasters: I’m in San Diego and have a medical card so it’s probably a good idea to stick within 6 flowering and 12 immature plants. The other thing is that I can veg plants inside under HID and then put them outside for flowering any time from September thru March. (The daylight photo-period is 12 hours or less.) Outside temps run around 65-75 in the fall, winter, and spring and it never freezes here.

So I’m thinking I will veg 6 clones inside in coco coir 5 gallon cloth bags with each in a custom SCROG frame, so when it’s time to flower I can take them outside to my 6’ by 12’ chain link grow cage. If I can get them to bush out to 2’ by 3’ each, that would fill my grow cage nicely. 6 months of the year I can harvest and put a new set of plants out every two months or so. Rest of the year, I have to flower inside to keep the photo-period 12/12.

I just started and did everything wrong: MiracleGro potting soil in plastic pots. Still a few weeks from harvest and all look great anyway. Northern Lights, Cotton Candy, Cookies Kush, Critical Kush, Aurora Indica, and Blue Cheese clones. I’m trying them all to see if one is best for my MS.

3 Likes

That sounds like an ideal situation to grow. And certainly keep your electric bill low, by transplanting them outside. I’d be curious to hear your results with those different strains. Are you going to start a grow journal?

Hi, I’m starting a 5x5 grow similar to yours and was wondering if you could tell me what you used for lighting in your setup? I noticed how well you did,and I’m hoping to do the same! Thanks for any info!

Hey, I used 2 Mezhi 600’s & 2 Viparspectra 600s.
Then added a cheap 300 watt no name light during flowering.
Good luck with your grow!

@MN_Nice
When you can start your own thread and tag a few of us in well will get you set up your get more help with your own thread
With that said welcome to the best mmj forum
You’ll have a successful harvest if you ask for help that I can assure you buddy
Happy growing
Just a little Info for you tho
Your looking for 50 watts per square foot of grow space is the general rule of thumb leds can go down to 35 I personally try to stay close to the 50 watt number my self
If buying leds always go by actual watt draw not equivalent
Hope this help a little
:cowboy_hat_face: CB :v:

1 Like

I most say job well done and I’m only hoping mine is as half as good as yours.

Also I see you are using vipraspectra and meizhi 600’s which do you like most and which have you the pest results

Hi @Onlythebest79! Thanks for checking out my journal. Both lights work well.
The viparspectra have more blue, so I would say they are better for veg.
The mezhi have red hues, even when running only the grow switch. So better for flowering?
I figured combine them & get the benefits of both :grinning:.

4 Likes

Try a scrog. You can get ¼ lb per plant using that method. Just look up the ins and outs, it’s very easy.