Ideal tent size for 6 plant scrog

First grow, wow, great job @North_East_Newbie

5 Likes

Well done, my man! Talk about a return on your investment. Wow.

4 Likes

Holy you know what! Bud everywhere! Nice job @North_East_Newbie Very nice. @Bobbi check this one out! Bobbi is getting ready to harvest!

I hope you got the jars on special as Ocean State! lol

I see the trim down front, how much trim did you wind up with?

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a great first harvest brother in deed you did all the work my man the rest of use just coached from the side lines in the end you had to pull the trigger or not :+1::cowboy_hat_face:again well done @North_East_Newbie

3 Likes

Thanks Bob!
I absolutely did get the job lot special on the jars.
Except for the gallon sized ones, that was a Wally World purchase.

I didnā€™t weigh the trim, but I would guess a few ounces, based in the jar size?

Thanks CB!
This has been a fun ride.
Learned a lot this first grow & made some good friends here. :grinning::+1:

Wish we were closer, Iā€™d love to share :relaxed:

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking we should all meet up at the end of the summer for a campoout somewhere @North_East_Newbie @bob31 @ktreez420 @kabongster @WillyJ @Willd and any one else that wants to par take ? ???
We still have a bit of time to figure out the logistics and all

6 Likes

Quadruple my initial goal for weight!
Strong genetics.

Thanks @Zombo!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great idea CB!
A weekend of camping, smoking and good company. Iā€™m in! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

I think it would be a good time @North_East_Newbie
And give us a chance to get to know each other
Iā€™ll do some research and see if I can find a suitable location if thereā€™s enough interest

3 Likes

Sounds great to meā€¦

1 Like

sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!! great job @North_East_Newbie! i see you have some jars in reserveā€¦lol you better get back at it!

1 Like

You will want to protect your harvest by investing in some 62%RH Boveda 2-way humidity packs to add to your storage solution once itā€™s cured to your taste. I donā€™t know about anyone else but I recommend keeping glass jars in a locker, lightproof bin(s), or black plastic bag(s) in a cellar as well. Potency is reduced pretty quickly by exposure to light. Youā€™ve seen the recent pics of the Sour D and Bubba Kush I harvested in 2015. I still canā€™t believe how sticky and green and fresh it still is after almost 2 years in 5 gallon buckets.

Another option is just to freeze it for long term storage. That seems a little too old school (primitive) since the advent of the Boveda packs.
Did you ever dream youā€™d have to concern yourself with long term storage of your harvest when those babies first sprouted? :trophy: :high_brightness: :hushed:

7 Likes

Have have them as well @North_East_Newbie and they work great good point @Willd

1 Like

I honestly never thought Iā€™d get even close to this amount.
Thank you for the suggestion of the Boveda packs; Iā€™m ordering some now.
I keep my basement grow room locked & the windows blocked out, so no light can degrade them.
Hindsight: I should have bought all 1 gallon jars for storage. Opening 30 jars, twice a day during curing will become a PITA.
Oh well, all good problems to have.
What size Boveda pack do you think would be best? I see 2 gram, 8 gram & 60 gram on Amazon?

5 Likes

If you have a vacuum sealerbtheyvwork grest as well to keep things fresh :+1: Iā€™ll put the packs in then vacuum seal mine jars for the long haul

1 Like

I donā€™t have a vacuum sealer, but it IS Amazon Prime Day today soā€¦:grinning:

1 Like

Hard to say since you have different sized jars. The 8 gram ones should be good for up to a gallon jar. You might find them cheaper in bulk on eBay than Amazon though if you shop around.

I used the 8gm ones in my new humidors until recently and they are lasting much better than the less than airtight containers I was using as stash containers before that. I had to restock a 10 pack of those once and still have some left.

I used 60 gm ones in the 5 gallon buckets. There were 2 in each of the four 5 gallons I had (overkill in hindsight). They have not lost any of their usefulness at all though. now that Iā€™ve only got a fraction of that big stash left I took 2 60 gm packs from the rest of the big stash and put them in each of my humidors instead of using the 8 gm.
I have a bunch of unopened 8gm and 60 gm still left for this season. They donā€™t cost much for what they do in the big picture.

3 Likes