Ideal tent size for 6 plant scrog

Thanks @Nug-bug.
The product I’m picking up today kills them at all stages, so hopefully it will eradicate the problem.

1 Like

@North_East_Newbie look up phosphorus burning on here @Paranorman had a thread about using it for mites I believe I know it’s great on mold but I believe he said he tried everything and this is the only thing that got rid of them ? Just a thought I haven’t seen him around for a while but you should be able to find it easily enough

1 Like

Thanks for the tip CB.
I looked through Paranorman’s and found the one on mold/phosphorus burning.
I’ll keep ya posted!

Ok I may have confused it with that bro
But I thought I read somewhere that he used for mites also I’ll take a look for it as well

1 Like

No worries.
I’m willing to read any/all topics for help.
I just visited with a local grow store (that I never knew existed).
Bought some foliar spray that is made for mites.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck my friend I haven’t had the pleasure of dealing with them yet

1 Like

I read in one of the topics “mites are the herpes of the grow room”.
Hahahaha, I thought that summarized it perfectly!

1 Like

It’s me again and wondering what you saw to know it was spider mites before the web? I have a lot of spiders in my basement, garage and it worries me. Have to leave vent open on tent and not putting in another vent because I’m worried about spiders or any small bug crawling into tent through the vent. How do you run an extra vent into tent anyway? I see pics but not the end of the hose, is it covered somehow? Dumb I know but still have so many questions :flushed:

I started seeing tiny white spots on the leaves, I assumed it was mold. Then I looked under the leaves with a Jeweler’s loupe and saw tiny mites and eggs. I haven’t seen any webs which is a good thing, hopefully I can get rid of them before they get too established. I have Nets on my intake valves on my tentd. You can buy them on Amazon. If you’re nervous about spider mites you can use diatomaceous earth as a precaution.

What is diatomaceous earth? A spray? Do you know if there’s a spray for spiders, so I can spray around the edge of garage? It’s just that I’m really scared of spiders and freak out at night sometimes, have a real phobia. I don’t want to see spider mites or eggs, I would just die!!! Especially on my girls, they’re really getting big, lookin good. Let me know what you do and the outcome would really like to know. Hope everything turns out ok :pray::kissing_smiling_eyes:

DE is a powder that you can sprinkle on the soil. Idk about spray for your house? Spider mites and their eggs are very small & almost it visible with the naked eye. Thanks

2 Likes

If you use a duster with food grade DE only you can use it to dust between any small cracks or openings for sure it’s safe but needs to be food grade even for your plants Food Grade Only guys
Don’t use the DE for pools it’s hazardous :+1:
@North_East_Newbie @bonnie1

1 Like

Here is the vent cover I use.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057JE5VE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not sure if the spider mites got in through it, or was brought in on clothing, pets, etc.

1 Like

Good catch CB. I should have mentioned food grade DE.
I have some, but have read not to use it during flower in the plants?
Talked with a guy at a local grow store who said to use it on the floor of the grow room, to stop/kill any mites or eggs that fell of the plants, from climbing onto another one. Also read to use vasoline around the trunk of the plant.

1 Like

Here is a link for what I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KPXGNTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also got this duster to apply it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SW52CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve heard the vassoline aldo helps ? And I again never had to deal with it myself but I dust my pots early and again when I transplant
And have had no issues
Outdoors I dust as soon as I put them out side
I also dust ground around my plants and retreat pots and ground during flower as well but not buds
I’m not sure if you can’t treat them if needs
@Majiktoker any thoughts on that point and do you have a treatment you use ?
Also @garrigan62 has a Tabacco mixture he uses on mites I think as well
@North_East_Newbie I’ll let them give you better advice on dealing with the little bastards lol
I’ll be watching
Just edited post do it makes more sense lol

2 Likes

If its for treating the flowers I certainly wouldn’t trust it but than again it is food grade De so it probably wouldn’t hurt besides giving an odd taste. Overall if treating buds I wouldn’t use De if its actually early enough you can use need oil but that’s before flowers take their actual structure and form

Here is a pic from a couple days ago

5 Likes

They look great maybe see if you cant find some thing with a basil odor it will keep pests away

2 Likes

Beautiful girls!! Hopefully I won’t encounter any of those little bastards, but if I do, I’ll be ready, thanks to you! Thanks for the link on exhaust screens, couldn’t find myself, will come in handy knowing what I’m talking about. Have an exhaust pipe now, just wondering if put cheesecloth over end, if that would work at all? Always in a hurry for things to work, need to learn patience but probably won’t at this stage of the game! Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like