Ideal roots/soil temperatures question

Hello everyone, i am starting a new grow (finally)
Using surprise bag seeds a friend brought me from Canada about 2 years ago on his jeans pocket :rofl:
I popped 3, 2 of them already have leaves but there’s 1 that won’t even want to open fully after 2 weeks…
Im ok with them as long as there’s at least 1 female there…

My question is about temps…
So im in Colombia, pretty warm around here and i usually run lights through the night to avoid heat during the day.
My maximum is about 27° C and minimum 20/21° inside the tent…
I used blurples before, pretty inefficient and produced lots of unwanted heat (tent used to shoot upwards of 30°C), but ill be using a quantum board for this grow (got an HLG 135 Rspec kit) and planning on getting more of the same light in the future.

So, i was wondering if i could benefit somehow from running the lights on during the day, hoping it doesn’t get too hot, so the soil/root temps go as low as possible during lights out?
Ive read a lot about how lower temps during flower help to get a better quality product at the end…
When i ran the tents exhaust system a few weeks back without lights for a few days, i found that the lowest temp recorded inside the tent was like 16°C but weather is getting warmer this days…

Im just high and curious about your opinion on this subject, any thoughts will be appreciated
I love this place
Thanks in advance
:metal::metal::metal::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

1 Like