IceDragon’s Grow Log

Do you have any recommendations or know someone that can point me to a good humidifier (only), mine took a crash. I am now use a CVS store (cheap o) and I am refilling ever 5hrs.

2 Likes

Just used the @ sign to some topics of humidifiers and read what’s being suggested and research what model that you might can afford . I used
Rain mates by Rainbow :rainbow:Vacuum company. If it’s working why bother or you can’t refill every 5 hours ? I don’t know of any .

OOO ok I didn’t know, Ya it is just for a small room, it maxes out around 55% for the room thats all.

1 Like

Kind of in the market for one as well.

This is the one we used and have kept it inside the tent. It holds a gallon of water and works for about a day or day and a half before needing to refill. It did the job but I’m not happy with the fact it doesn’t come back on automatically when it loses power.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D8DDNJY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tried to make things automated as much as possible but using an automatic humidity switch to turn the thing on or off didn’t work out with this unit as I would still have to go back there and turn it back on manually. I would like to get a cheap one myself something as simple as an on/off button.

If you find something like let me know lol. We use the InkBird for temperature and humidity. Both connect to Wi-Fi and you can control from the app on your phone anywhere and get notifications if somethings out of whack.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZNGVMX/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_03S9QXQF4MNY74QDR8EV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0892B3VWM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_CS8340QVR1TRT6DMV4XB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I dont know if I am sharing this link right, but I did find a article on ILGM forum that I have been reading and rereading you might be interesting in.

1 Like

Hay everyone, I wanted to give everyone an up date. First off I want to ask if the forum is ok for me to convert to a grow journal or do I have to create a new one because I dont want to get in trouble with the admin. Any here goes; Monday I switched to flowering 12/12 also am following the FF SOIL FEEDING SCHEDULE that I was giving earlier in this post. @yoshi, I hope I trimmed them not fimmed them I truly hope that I did it right. These pictures were taking with my magnifier approx 3-5 min after cut;

Blue Dream (Betty)

Gorilla Glue (Georgia)

MK-Ultra (Ursula)

The girls are drinking ALOT about 1gallon of water every two days, to me that seem like alot but I do check the soil Half way down in the pot and it is dry. My run off ph is 6.75 - 6.83 and my TDS is 1370-1426 which I think (according to the schedule) should be higher but I am worried about nutes lock. OO, also Betty(Blue Dream) is drink faster and is the highest PH and the lowest PPM.

3 Likes

@IceDragon lower the pH going in to lower the Ph in the soil but do it gradually to prevent lock out. I start my seedlings at 2650 ppm so yes it can be raised without burning just make sure your EC is right and they will adapt and start feeding as long as the ph is at optimum range for nutrient uptake. Read on ppm for budding vegetables .

1 Like

Do u have a cook brother first question

I may b late on humidifier question lol

Congrats on the girls. And like @yoshi said, that pH is just a LITTLE high. Dont overcompensate too hard n swing out of range.

1300-1400 is fine around now. More importantly is what it is consisting of. Her appetite is gonna change in a couple weeks

2 Likes

I dont know what a cook is, so no i do not.

This week it consists of the FF trio minimum mix. Next week it will be just two of them.

1 Like

Grow big big bloom and tiger bloom ?

1 Like

@IceDragon , those 3 have killed more beginners plants :potted_plant:than you can imagine . Less is best , it’s super concentrated , make sure you know how much calcium and magnesium is in the ffof soil so you don’t over kill with the calmag , it can be very tricky with Big Bloom so approach with caution and sample the plants are you will burn them with that stuff is insanely super hot , a little goes a long way 2.5ml a gal maybe it may be traces of the same in soil so don’t over compensate it or they will burn.

1 Like

My run off on sunday was ppm 0340, so ya i decided to do all three GB, BB, TB this week 1/2 gal per plant. About 30mins ago i just feed each girl 3/4 of gallon water (only) ph 6.68. I have Cal-mag but have not used it yet. I will be posting some white light photos later to see if oneone sees something that i dont see.

1 Like

@IceDragon doing the grow if you notice a slight color change, you add calmag buy other than that depending on your medium , now in Coco Coir you have to supplement calmag the entire grow , but if your mediums has organic life in it , it’s a slight chance it’s trace minerals of calcium or magnesium in the soil , most times it’s not much but if you constantly adding calmag and not watering properly in between feedings cause of lack of patients or many think since it’s only 2.5ml it won’t hurt , “WRONG!” It will hurt cause what goes in starts to dry with the soil . Now if the grower is watering properly in between feedings to get 20% - 30 % runoff after feeding nutrients to make sure the soil is flushing properly , are if the pot has been over packed in the beginning from transplant and its a dry spot in the soil , these issues is what happens beneath the dirt we don’t see and have us second guessing to what happen or what is causing issues all of suddenly . Just know anything changes in your plants was not a sudden thing , it happened over a 3- 5 day period in soil , now hydro it almost instant like mainlining , soil is a bit more forgiving . But it happen over time , either you poured it in are the salts dried in a section of dirt that don’t drain good cause we don’t water enough . Question? When you feeding you used a gallon per pot are a gallon of nutrient mix divided by the pots ? Now when you water do you used the same amount of ph’ed water also ; if so this can be an issue waiting to happen in vegging ? Make sure you have at least a 3-7 Mississippi 's for you water to drain through your top layer of soil , if it takes longer than 7 seconds for the water to drain , you pots can pack a little to tight can cause issues . Now when only watering always used a half gallon more water than feeding to flush out a bit more of the dry up salts from previous feedings . To be honest ; in flower I feed , water , water , feed , water , water , water , feed and each week I add an extra watering cause of how dark the bloom nutrients are so myvrun off has to get a lighter tone that let’s me know that most of that dark tea has flushed out mainly so next feeding , I’m not salt building , I hope this makes sense !

1 Like

It apsolutely make sense thank you. To answer you questions;
I am using happy frog soil this grow but just this grow. I do get about 20-25% out the day after (like today). I mix up three 1gal jugs with nutes (feeding 1/2gal) and and twelve 1gal regular water (feeding 3/4gal) each jug is assigned to a plant so that I know how much I have give to each girl, I found that it is better for me to monitor intake this way. I do PH the water after every mix and I also Ph the regular water as well. I have three PH monitors now LOL, they all three read about +or - 0.04. The girls are slow with nutes but are fast with the regular water.

1 Like

Here are some new photos; quick refresh (B=Blue Dream, G=Gorilla Glue, U=Mk-Ultra)

This thermometer is a 24hr cycle, so it reset high and lowes every 24 hr.

O also the floor dries within a 3-4 hr so I dont worry about it because the room is under ground.
I do see some spot on the leaves like you said yoshi, so I will be giving them Cal-Mag tomorrow morning one hour after lights on.

3 Likes

After read and learning from everyone here I truly think I want head over heels in the deep end. I should have bought autos instead of feminized for my first real grow. I guess I am play monday night quarterback and really try to maintain. I know I am look at about 3-4 months before harvest and from what I have read auto take have to time from pop to harvest. I am not giving up on these girls, I do enjoy it.

1 Like

@IceDragon man those plants are super healthy ? You already doing it brother, you don’t require any help ? Look the best outfit you can put on in the morning, Every morning is “Your Confidence!” @IceDragon I might to learn from you. Look how happy and strong and healthy your plants look .

2 Likes