Ice bath and 48 hour darkness

Hey everyone fast question. I’m about to put my plants in 48hour darkness but my question is my plants are bone dry I was going to give it a light watering then put the ice on top. I was wondering how exactly am I suppose to do this? I want to do the ice bath and also the 48darkness. What do I do right now? My plants are dry and I want to put them in the total darkness in about 12hours from now is lights out so can someone help please

2 Likes

Short answer is you can do either. If you’re going to cut it down, it won’t make much of a difference.
I prefer to let it dry out really well before chopping too. @Craig420Daniels

2 Likes

You’re going to cut it down and dry it anyway, sounds like you have a head start.

So I just put the ice on top of the soil at lights out basically? Once lights go out they stay out till I chop them done 48hours later. So it will be fine with the ice there in the dark right?

2 Likes

Or is the better way is to put the ice on it when lights are on? I still have 12hours till lights out

Make that 11 hours and 53mins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Split the stem , put it on ice and 3 days of darkness…
Don’t worry about lights on or off at this time and all of the stuff you mentioned…
Just getter dunn…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Easy as that @peachfuzz?? How much ice we talkn??

1 Like

I’m not sure because I’ve never done it…
But it looks like most people just put as much ice as they can fit ontop of the soil around the base of the plant…
I’m not sure how many times that your suppose to do that and for how long , I’m not sure…
There is a couple of people around here that do it that I’m sure will have all of those answers…
I’m in rdwc , so I’m not sure how I would do it either… :wink::+1:
Maybe somebody will answer both of our questions…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hmmm frozen water bottles might chill ya out…

1 Like

Fair enough.:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like