I would like to know how to maintain the PH level in potting soil in more a consistent manor without always adding PH during watering?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I am getting ready to germinate. I’m growing indoors I have everything I need to be successful as far as equipment goes. I would like to know how to maintain the PH level in potting soil in more a consistent manor without always adding PH during watering?

Is the super soil the best way to do this or are there another formula with less product? I want to give them the best start once there ready to transplant? I’ve been practicing on some low grade I got seeds to start for free of course if you know what I mean. I just had rookie issues in generating good PH on a consistent basis. I could only achieve 5.8 to 6.5 PH level when I watered and I could only water maybe once a week and when I checked my PH level it would be back up to 7.0 or 7.5 3 days after water/feed.

I’m planning on starting the seeds I have from ILGM in rapid rooter propagation system, 60 watt CFL bulb with aluminum hood, KLN solution for root support, Dyna-grow 3-5 plants.

There really isn’t a way of doing this with out spending money and time on a filter system like a reverse osmosis or a 3 filter station but even then it depends on the city you live in. I have a filter system my ppm is low but ph varys from 6.3 to 8.4 i always have to ph my water and nutrients when I feed. Buy calibration solution for your ph meter and check every 2 weeks i have had a expensive lesson from not checking my meter. I hope this helps you a little. If you keep having funny ph numbers off of the runoff water out the bottom of the pot flush it with ph water 3 time’s as big as the container so a 5 gallon pot would need 15 gallon of water they have flushing agent’s to help break down the salt and mineral build up to
I use pro mix soil and add some worm casting and some pig poop and it works well for me. I keep my ph as close to 6.5 as possible. I hope this helps you good luck and happy growing :wink: