I was wondering if I could plant my sprouts in Coco loco

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I’m about to germinate today and I was wondering if I could plant my sprouts in Coco loco and kind soil mix or should I not use the kind soil yet

Coco cior is all I use. Plants grow faster in it. But you have to remember to ph your water to 5.8-6.0 is what I shot for. Also, coco has no nutrients in it so you have to feed plant yourself. Use calmag too

If I’m not mistaken, Coco Loco is a fox farms product and I believe it has some amendments. As far as sprouts directly into Kind Soil with Coco Loco on top, I think the Kind Soil website says you can do that. Just remember, Kind Soil on the bottom, Coco Loco on top. Don’t mix the two, it will be too “hot” for your seedlings.

Please join the forum and if you like, check out my grow journal

It’s funny you mention that. I had a bag of Coco Loco laying around after a previous grow and I had no problem with clones taking root in them and my seedlings. So from my personal experience I’ll say Coco Loco is fine. But I have only used it for seedlings and clones that one time. But I’m going to do it on my next grow again just because everything lived okay. Good luck and enjoy your grow.

One thing I should add is when using Coco Loco as it states on the bag it retains water very well. So make sure you only are misting your seedlings with pH water. It could be very easy to overwater with this kind of soil. Once again I’ve only used it once but it worked. Have a good morning