I want to try a Monster crop clone...have questions

Oh damn! Yeah you’re good to go then!
“Not going to die wondering”…nice!
Tag me in your thread!

1 Like

Agreed, like free college courses For cannabis.
I’m starting out as the dorky Freshman hahah.
Either way…still Fun As Shit!

2 Likes

I might be punching way above my weight - no clue. I say this of course without having seen how these three go when topped and trained under LEDs (three conditions that the previous ‘keeper’ never submitted his girls too). It is all learning, listening and responding when you really boil it down.

And I for one would rather listen to plants than people!

It really is fascinating.

1 Like

Oh yeah agreed, the plant def talks to you. Amazing just how sturdy and resilient they can be. It does look “strange” in a way. Almost like it’s not sure what to grow first.
But Funny how strange Can also be beautiful.
Gorgeous grow man!!! Gratz!

You scrape the bark off, wipe on some rooting gel, moisten some spagnum or peat or promix and wrap it around the stem. Wait for a couple weeks and inspect for roots. The plant keeps the branch healthy, no need to spray or use a dome. Plus you cut off the finished product complete with branches and growing tops!

Nice, gonna bank that for future use!
Seems like that method would be way less stressful! And flat out sounds fun!
Awesome!

1 Like

Thats why Im going to try it. My goal is to get 2 moms I can carry through the winter indoors. It would be cool if I can successfully root the plants with no intervention other than the prep. Im not a huge fan of taking a cutting, waiting 8 to 15 days for roots, spraying, then waiting for plants to catch up. Much rather have a nursery plant that is well established.

1 Like

Yeah the maintenance going into these clones, cuttings, domes…everything. I never realized how time consuming it is. Thank goodness I’m lucky enough to work from home or I may not even have a single plant!
But now I’m hooked. Figuring out away to keep at least 1-2 plants year round. You guys are like a Cannabis Encyclopedia!!!
Would you mind checking out a pic? I this you a tag…possible white mildew?

1 Like

Ok, my drying tent has now been turned into my interim 24/hr cloning tent.
LED Lights are exactly 6in from top of dome.
No heat at all on the back of my hand on top of the dome.
Does Anyone see any issues with this distance??? I can lower the platform if need be.
LED lights: All full spectrum
2 19w LED Strips
2 16w LED bulbs, diffusers removed
2 6w LED bulbs, diffusers removed

1 Like

@Hellraiser @Zee @GreenFlex @Davyg
Sorry to keep bothering y’all.

Y’all see any issue with my LED lights being
6in from top of the dome?
Should I lower to 10” or 12”?

1 Like

Sorry buddy, I just read your post, answered it in my head and moved on :exploding_head:. The lights look good to me, if anything a little close but have nothing to back up why I feel they’re too close.

3 Likes

only issue I see is should prop that dome open a qtr of the way to give it fresh oxygen but light look good as of now and no bother brother! Looks like a transplant is in your NEAR future!! already hitting the dome…

2 Likes

Thank you Sir. No worries, it’s hard for me to keep up. Soooo much interesting shit haha.
Cool, I’ll keep em there for now and watch for stress!

1 Like

Yep, seems a bit close and may heat up your dome too much, clones don’t need a lot light til they are rooted, I’d move the lights up some.

3 Likes

Appreciate it Sir. Excellent idea. Just found a little wooden paddle thing that lifts it up.
Man, I hope they root, moving lights, a/c’s…
Lotta damn work! They were too long of a cut though. I shoulda cut 1/2 shorter.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir. Ok, I can cut the table legs down, so the top of the dome is 12” from light. I just found the little plastic feet that come with those cheap tables. Those add 3 inches. Then the table will have an adjustable range from 9 -12inches from the light.

3 Likes

Your plant biology knowledge will be going through the roof. So much interesting information on such a wide variety of growing styles all from people who have been there or are there and got the Tshirt. Soak it up buddy soak it up :sunglasses::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yessir…agreed

3 Likes

Im good with it sure post away! I may not be able to help but Ill try

2 Likes

Day 3 and cuttings are looking great.
Got one yellowing leave, and absolutely no grab in the soil…may lose her.
But that other one…slight tug and not a single movement. This tent is working it’s magic!

1 Like