I want to take plants out of a greenhouse, and put them under lights!?!

Light Warrior is great! Promix is a great medium, too. The 2 are similar, except Light Warrior has worm castings and a few other goodies.

1 Like

Yea, I will just use the FFOF for/in the bigger 3 or 4 gal potsā€¦ Mostly on the lower half, and sides away from the peat potsā€¦ seedlingsā€¦? Would that be ok for Autoā€™s u thinkā€¦?

Youā€™ll do fine with all ofvthem, you just have to adjust your grow habits accordingly.

1 Like

U had problems with using Happy Frog with Auto seedlings? Or maybe Light Warrior is just better for Autoā€™s than Happy Frog? Luckily, I did not buy any Happy Frog yet!!! lol Figured I would ask u folks firstā€¦ Got a bunch of FFOF, AND this Gardeners Gold potting soil, might be kinda like a Light Warrior or Happy Frogā€¦ Has Bat poop in it, someā€¦ and the worm castingsā€¦, but if it ā€œburnedā€ the seedlings it would show on the leaves??? Right??? Thanks @blackthumbbetty!!!

Ok now your thinking too hard. Happy Frog is seedling safe. Has decent amendments. But soft enough not to burn baby girls. FFOF is the one u donā€™t wanna start babies in. Iā€™ve never used light warrior.

And Betty has it right. What works for me wonā€™t exactly work for you. Happy frog is a safe starter soil tho. Slow down my man. Remember starter list.

Lights.
PH meter (with up n down)
Seeds (genetics)
Medium (soils)
Nutes

So I guess it was soil discussion time :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Yea, I had to order some stuffā€¦ soil for seedlings being one of themā€¦ And just wondering if anyone knows or ever tested Happy Frog for phā€¦??? And if it is, or what would be best for Auto seedlingsā€¦ lol

Because this little growā€¦ is not gonna do nothinā€¦ So, I should just start thinkin about the next crop, and doin it rightā€¦

Sorry if i seem like a pain in the rearā€¦, asking a million dumb questions,ā€¦ Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

People grow great weed with it man. If itā€™s not a good pH itā€™s easily adjustable. But the biggest thing about ur soil is not time release nutrients, you prefer amended soil. Amended means actual organics added to it. Time release means time and water releases instead of empties. PH is adjustable.

1 Like

No. I had bad luck with ffof & other hot organic charged soils.

Take a deep breath! Calm down. Relax. No need to rush through picking things. Think through what you want to do, then do it.

2 Likes

Hey @PurpNGold74. How r u doin today Amigo? Thanks for all the advice!

Change the ph of soil after it is in the potā€¦? How does one do that? By lowering the ph of the water one uses, if the ph of the soil is too high, for instance?

I think I have most things on the list thereā€¦ Just might need some diff. soil for seedlings, and more seedsā€¦ Got 2 figure out what seeds to buy now!!! Some Autoā€™s that are ā€œeasyā€ for a beginner to growā€¦??? lol I bought 4 diff. things of Gen Hydro. nutes awhile ago nowā€¦, only have used one of them so far. I hear they are good? Not sure if i should use any of the other 3 nutes yet, or not? Oh, and not sure about this light, but will see if it works ok or not, and my new one should be here soonā€¦ Maybe get a diff. one for seedlings, and veg. if this little one is no good!!! Prob. will have to do that, but will see about this light at the momentā€¦ Thanks for the help!!! Hope everyone is havin a good day!!!

Yoooo im still here. Yup change water pH going in constantly adjusts the slow. Albiet a bit over time n it also washes out the nutes ur feeding so its a bit of a line to walk but practice makes perfect right?

And that last message was alot to process. Im a bit baked lol. Always sperate ur questions somewhat for me. :joy::rofl::joy:

Diff nutes for diff stages. Some can be combined at certain times. Some maybe for entire grow. For instance. Grow is usually high nitrogen and for vegging. Bloom high pk for flowering. Calmag is all grow in relative doses. Ect. Ect. Just depends on which u got.

Not sure on which light? Didnt u go qb?

1 Like

Hey @PurpNGold74, Thanks for the reply!

Still waiting for the QB to be delivered, better call them up and check on itā€¦ I figure that will be for flowering tentā€¦ I have this other little light I bought to hold me off till that HLG 260 watt gets hereā€¦, but I prob will need to get another light, much cheaper than the 260 for a seedling/veg. light ā€¦

Nutesā€¦ Oh, u use CaliMag all the time??? I do not have any of thatā€¦!

Do all u folks use CaliMag all the time??? I thought maybe it was just for if there was a defficiency in Cal. and/or Magā€¦? No???

Gotta do something hereā€¦ Let me read ur reply again in a bitā€¦ Thanks @PurpNGold74!!!

I got FloraGro, FloraMicro, and Florabloom, and Rapid Start, or something like that the last one is calledā€¦,from Geral Hydro., but not CaliMagā€¦!!!

@PurpNGold74, But if we know what the ph is of all or most things in the soilā€¦ Like ph of Happy Frog, and/or FFOFā€¦, and Perliteā€¦, then one could try to make the ph what one wants it, before he or she puts the mix in the potā€¦!?! Hence my questions before about what ph Happy Frog and Perlite isā€¦? FFOF says what it is online and on the bag I believeā€¦

Sorry. Not all the time. If your water is distilled (think bottled) then all micronutrients are leaches. A minor bump definitely wont hurt. And at the very end after final flush, no more cal mag. But a bit every feed wont hurt. Especially with the new lights (whenever they arrive). And on that note. Im pretty sure they have been in overdrive making and shipping those puppies. Check on it but dont rush da folks lol

1 Like

I like things that show minor details. Maybe a good reason to go with the ffof. But honestly over thinking again. If u want to run all happy frog. Run it. Adjust as u roll.

1 Like

Yea, @PurpNGold74 I like that too!!! FFOF says their ph is 6.3 to 6.8ā€¦ Pretty good phā€¦ It is made for pot, i have heardā€¦ Wish they all would say what the ph is!!! I have a bunch of, or kinda a lot of FFOF still, and a lot of that other potting soilā€¦ 1 and a half or more big bags of bothā€¦ I have heard Happy Frog is made for growin pot tooā€¦ Might get some Happy Frogā€¦ Try it out for seedlingsā€¦

Do u think I should get some CaliMag then? I guess so??? Anybody else have an opinion on using CaliMag every feed? @raustin, @blackthumbbetty, @OldSkunk ā€¦ or anybody else, of courseā€¦???

Do u guys use the nutrient water every time u water then? Have not really been using nutes yetā€¦ I do not think General Hydro says how often to feed, or use their Nutrientsā€¦ on the bottles/labelsā€¦

Yes, get some Cal-Mag, youā€™re gonna need it. It can be used every watering. If youā€™re using FFOF then you wonā€™t need to feed for the first four weeks or so. When I use that soil I feed once a week at full strength. It really depends a lot on your lighting, so youā€™re going to have to feel it out at first.

2 Likes

thanks @raustin!!!

1 Like

I have not used FFOF for seedlings. I used this other potting soil called Gardenerā€™s Gold for seedlings last time, as a lot of people say FFOF is too hot for seedlings, especially Autos, I hearā€¦ Not sure if I will use that Gardenerā€™s Gold stuff again for seedlings next grow, or get some thing else, and/or maybe mix the twoā€¦ Maybe some Happy Frogā€¦ Or Light Warrior maybeā€¦

I mixed the FFOF with the Gardenerā€™s Gold in the bigger pots when I transplantedā€¦ or that is what I did this timeā€¦ With all FFOF on bottom halfā€¦ Thanks again!!! I guess will I get some CalMag thenā€¦ lol

1 Like

Sound like a man with a plan now. :+1:t5::+1:t5: Have u seen the ā€œput smaller pot in bigger pot before adding dirtā€ style of transplant? Uber easy.
Add dirt bout halfway thru big pot.
Put little pot with plant in.
Add soil around little pot.
Water in lightly.
Lift little pot from compactd wet soil of bigger pot.
Transplant rootball DIRECTLY into hole left in soil of big pot.

1 Like