I want to start them inside then transplant them outdoors what would be a good light to use that doesn't cost to much

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I will be growing out side but I want to start them inside then transplant them outdoors what would be a good light to use that doesn’t cost to much.

That’s really going to depend on how long you want to keep them inside, in my opinion, if you plan on just getting through the seedling stage then possibly T5, CFL or LED replacement bulbs could be enough, you want to take them half way through the veg stage and almost into flower then obviously that may not be enough.

So more info about the plan would be helpful and I’m sure you’ll have someone give a list of possibilities depending on how long you want to keep them indoors.

1 Like

I use 85 watt cfl. They are sold as photography lights. You can find them online for about $10 each. They work well.

1 Like

If you grow under light for veg stage, you can use less powerful led light, such as Mars reflector series. If you want to grow under light for flowering, your light will need more powerful light.