I wanna try coco

i wanna try coco my next go, ill be using jacks nutes, besides adding a bit of perlite what else do i need, also how would i feed

4 Likes

We just had a thread yesterday about this…Let me find it
here…

5 Likes

I’m also going to try coco on my next grow. Been growing in soil since 2019. I’ll tag along if you don’t mind.

Autopots!
And thats it :rofl:
Well and alot of perlite imho. I use 30-40% perlite with mine.
Everyone is going to say water daily with runoff.
But ive been bottom feeding mine and it’s working great so far. I use alot less water and nutrients this way as theres no run-off obviously.

After getting my autopots and seeing how good they do from bottom feeding. I don’t see why everyone isn’t doing it this way.

5 Likes

Should have said, i do still water daily, it isn’t necessary to, but growth rate will be slower if not fed daily… but if you have the schedule to water by hand daily then you will absolutely love coco.
If you try and water the way you would in soil every few days or so, then may not see alot of difference…
But if you’re like me and no time to water a bunch daily, autopots and coco really is set it and for get it.
Change res once a week or so and it dose the rest.

1 Like

I made the switch to coco this grow and i am happy with results so far my 4 girls are bright green and happy

1 Like

These are my 4 girls in coco nice a tight and healthy as u can see

4 Likes

them have some big fans, mine always look good until flower time then all hell breaks loose, i feel like if i learn how to use coco- id have more control over the nutes/water with not having to wait around a few days for soil to dry, my current grow is starting to get ugly

1 Like

This is my first grow with coco,I love it. I use to grow in promix hp but I wont be going back. Haha
I do 50/50 coco perlite,feed to waste.

3 Likes

I’ll tag u in my thread

Tagged you in thread I did not use perlite and did not buffer coco before hand just fed recommended dose of nutes for the stage there at ph’d it and fed away

Nailed it Brother, it’s made my grows so much easier over the last year and a half :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Kill’n it Brother :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Once you go coco youll never go back , i finally started daily watering last grow when i switched to hydro nutes and the growth rate is almost doubled ( helped that i also started using dli too and a strong start for autos leads to huge plants)

2 Likes

:point_up_2: no truer words spoken… well written

1 Like

I have a programmable pump. I mix 5 gallons of nutrients & it feeds it over a couple days & wet vac the saucers every 1-2 days.

I’ve tried watering 3x and 2x a day.

I think 3x a day was just wasting water and nutrients.

1 Like

That’s all I did. Seriously. No perlite, no fancy buffers. I just dump water in my reservoir and let them do their thing.

My plants look like shite so maybe go a step above bare minimum but also…. It’s not strictly necessary in autopots. :joy:

Note the ones who actually look happy (leftish in photo and in the back) are the ones who are in autopots. The rest just get fed neglect for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Yep. :v:

3 Likes

I guess i could have shown my autopots :man_facepalming:
4 Goldleaf clones and a un-named purple mutant clone in the center.

2 Zkittles and 1 Alaskan purple in the center, these 3 are auto flowers.

2 Likes