I’ve never tried the water germination method, do I need them to soak longer?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Hi. So I’ve never tried the water germination method so I figured I would give it a shot and follow instructions in the link. I soaked them for 24 hours, they finally sunk to the bottom but haven’t sprouted out of the casing yet. Do I need them to soak longer? Are they ready to plant? They look swollen and a pretty blue color.

2 Likes

Some wait to see the tap root before planting. Some soak for 24 hours and then use the paper towel method. Personally, I soak them until they crack open and then go straight into soil. If your seeds haven’t cracked yet, a few more hours should get them to pop.

1 Like

Did they crack ?
After 24 hrs if they sunk i would place in a moist paper towel in plastic bag wnd left open for another 12-24 hours in warm dark space above 70 degrees is good
And plant when you have a tap root
The fact they sunk tells you they have swollen and will crack open soon

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 you really need to put them fingers on a diet LOL

3 Likes

Hahaha I edited the above i need to proof read lol and get these fat fingers on a diet @Sasquatch

2 Likes

Its a challenge @Countryboyjvd1971 you get my mind going 1st thing in the morning reading some of them … love it!

2 Likes

Hahaha I actually read some of my posts and confuse myself at times lol then I edit them lmao
@Sasquatch

2 Likes

I occasionally interpret for him too :wink: than change it to common english :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha and i thank you for that @Donaldj :wink:

Way easier to type on a desktop with full size keyboard I am not a fast typist so I get chances to catch my mistakes :wink:

1 Like

Well i goof off at work alot :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:
And no pc here internet blocks our beloved site so just my phone lol @Donaldj and these darn virtual key boards are the worst really lol

2 Likes

I don’t get the chance at work to do much most breaks we are game planning or eating and trying to figure out how to get done and on to next job :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah i here that and dont miss those days brother
When my old partner called me and had me interview for this gig he promised me my days of sweating where over
He was right
I babysit equipment and contractors mostly now :wink: not a bad gig of you can get it lol

2 Likes

Another 5-10yrs and all I would be doing is showing up to run torch and make sure everything is going smoothly but as lead hand I do every job on site. Keeps it clear to workers you don’t ask anything that you don’t do yourself get more production leading from the front :wink:

1 Like

Your day will come brother
I put my time in as well :wink:

1 Like