I’ve never done this before…

Welcome to the group I see you have been greeted by mr @yoshi the mad scientist ha ha he knows his stuff. I’m tagging along

2 Likes

@AllThatJaz check out his grow and he has the 260xl , the maxisun pb4000 and two 100w HLG boards with blurples and insane harvest and he keeps it simple . :clap: he’ll tagged you and you can get great creative in your way !

1 Like

Nice 2 meet u nd thank u4 welcoming me n2 the squad… Nd welcome 2 my shenaniganz! Tag @Jaydawg6528 Ur it!!! :eyes:

1 Like

Since I seem 2 have some help I will repeat my last harassment in @yoshi ‘s thread here so u can reference if I ever need some help. I’ll also fill out a support ticket 2 get all the formalities out the way. Here’s my new house nd all my girls’ new issues. I haven’t officially named anyone yet bc I’m scared 2 get 2 attached but I’m leaning towards the following: Ms Elizabeth, Sensational Sherry, Luna Vachon, nd the Fabulous Moolah
Uploading: 16410863245262589147906751009192.jpg…

1 Like

They’re already teaching me nd testing the knowledge I’ve gained n my whole 1 month as a grower lol. The big bud wuz super leggy so I already had 2 bury the stem with more HF. I’ve been poking more holes nd increasing the time outside the done daily, but I assumed she wasn’t gettn enough light so 2day is her 1st day completely sometimes nd she seems 2b thriving. However, the chocolope loved her lil house bc even tho much shorter, she WAS starting 2 fall over n the short time that i I would expose her 2 fresh air. So I nervously attempted agreed 2 prop her up with a toothpick nd uprooted her… Bad newbie mommy!!! So I Sterilized my plastic tweezers nd gently replanted her with a new dose of mykos. Can’t tell if she hates me yet but I’m sure I’ll know by 2moro. Needless 2 say she’s back under the dome nd I keep the inside sprayed with distilled water. So this is how the tent looks with me trying 2 keep everybody happy with the amount of light they’re gettn… It’s hard out here 4a pimp!

2 Likes

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
ILGM Big yield fem pack. Currently 1 Amnesia Haze. 2 Chocolope. 1 Big bud

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
FFHF and OF, perlite, coco, mykos
Currently biodegradable seedling bags
1, 5, and 10 gal fabric bags for future transplants

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
AH: 6.11, CH: 5.94

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
NA

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
indoor
VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable 1000W LED Grow Light

Temps; Day, Night
78F, 72F

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
VIVOHOME 4 Inch 203CFM Inline Duct Fan with Air Carbon Filter Control Scrubber
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CH9NS84/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_DTZTBDRHC3D44TM8CVA4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20
Running 24hrs

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Humidifier

Co2; Yes, No
No

Thanks for the tag @yoshi ! Welcome @AllThatJaz ! You’ll like it here. Lots of knowledge and awesome people here.

2 Likes

:thinking:Calmag?

Thanx so much @MadamCalamity I’m really starting 2 feel the love. It’s all warm nd fuzzy here!

3 Likes

This will probably work better…

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1772-CALiMAGic-Quart/dp/B00GZRKI40/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=3UPNNMI7LDE13&keywords=cal+mag&qid=1641089408&sprefix=cal+m%2Caps%2C503&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRElIV1c2UEwzMEw5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODE5MjY4U0lLNEJGV1BRN1FBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1MzgxNzczQ1g1SkwxQzlSTVJJJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=#?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Thanx @Covertgrower that’s the exact 1 I have n my Amazon cart! Along with $400 worth of other ish while I ponder my final decision lol. Seems 2ba reputable product line but I’m never really sure.

Also, been using citric acid 4 pH down but jus like everyone says it seems only 2ba temporary nd unstable solution 2 lower my offgassed tap water. Haven’t used them yet, but I have the FF trio nutes nd I’ve also read that when the girls tell me their ready, I will need pH up. Would general hydroponics pH up and down also be a good choice? It’s been marinating n my cart with it’s homies but I’m scared 2 pull the trigger. Does that product get ur endorsement as well? Nd shoulda I be using it now? Or wait nd until I start the nutes nd give it on the water only days?

2 Likes

Yes I would recommend both of those.
Jacks nutrients I would recommend when you finish the fox farms nutrients. Calcium and magnesium is part of the recipe, and you’ll see a lot fewer deficiencies.

You can feed cal-mag every feeding or every other feeding, depending on your needs. I feed every time.

3 Likes

I’m so intrigued nd really want 2 switch 2 coco and jacks… Unfortunately I have the 1.5 and 2 qt² bags of FFHF and OF. Can the Jack’s b used with soil? Just can’t justify letting it sit and go 2 waste. Newb mistakes smh

2 Likes

Jacks can be used in soil. You may see excessive nitrogen, as the soil has some already in it, but that part of the recipe can be adjust if needed.

2 Likes

Right on!!

2 Likes

I’m so glad I started on this new venture. Aside from the future yield, there’s something bout playing with mother nature everyday that jus feels right nd beautiful. In the near future I will take the time nd initiative 2 start a grow journal nd keep track of all these lil intricacies. Been keeping notes in a binder but it’s becoming clear that’s jus selfish. I’d like 2 contribute 2 this community nd hopefully help someone else 1 day like u guys do everyday. Right now I’m jus a 38yo baby but I wana b like u when I grow up!

@merlin44 @yoshi @Covertgrower @Jaydawg6528 @MadamCalamity @Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74 @MidwestGuy @Hellraiser @oldmarine

Jus thought u all deserved a shoutout. So many different styles nd deliveries. So much knowledge nd wisdom that ur all so willing 2 share. Whether u realize it or not, it’s so inspirational nd contagious. I’m humbled 2ba part of this💜

8 Likes

We’re happy to have you. I can also change the title of this thread to make it your journal. Just type how you’d like it and someone or myself will change it.

6 Likes

That’d b awesome @Covertgrower ! :thinking:…So much pressure but even if I had a year 2 decide it would still b something corny like, “I’ve never done this before…” It’s so real bc I didn’t reply directly 2u nd had 2 edit this post so I could tag u​:woman_facepalming:t4: Issa journey lol

Guess wuuuuuttt?!?!

I’ve officially converted nd this is now my grow journal!!! I’m so excited nd from now on if anyone asks I’ll tell them I’m a published author nd you’ll back me up, right? Word! I think it’s only right that I give a lil background nd get the pleasantries out the way so we can move onto the good stuff. I’m a fun-loving 38yo who wuz born nd raised in the upper NE of the US. Still cold here so I’m attempting my 1st grow indoors.

Disclaimer:
Only thing I’ve ever grown r my own children. I have 2 boys, technically not boys. They’re 14 and 20, of which my oldest jus moved out. Nd as I’m typing I’m coming 2 the realization that this is how I’m dealing with partial empty nest syndrome… 2 quote Smoky, “the weed be letting u know” lol. So n the meantime I’m jus here documenting my mistakes so we can all laugh at them 2gether bc 2nd 2 cannabis, laughter is the best medicine… Nd I’m hilarious. No really. Nd I’m also a published author. Ask anybody :smirk: I’ve already learned quite a bit but if somebody else learns anything thats a bonus. Dbl points pts if I can get even 1 plant 2 harvest. Another 420 pts if I can partake in anything that I’ve produced on this journey. Here’s hoping🤞🏼

It’s already lights nd the leading ladies don’t play bout their their beauty sleep. If they don’t get their 6hrs, n complete darkness mind u, they’re jus not themselves smh. But n the next installment of this series we’ll meet the real stars of the show. Hopefully I can convince each of my leading ladies 2 provide a lil backstory. No promises tho… They’re all divas!

5 Likes

Oh I must warn you I’m not the most favorable guy here that’s liked , that’s why I said it’s best they answer your questions cause it’s a few that has bitterness and resentment towards me and they never shoke my hand :raised_hand:, swear to God , but keep in mind it’s your garden , everyone does things differently !

3 Likes

@AllThatJaz show me that Amazon list before you spend that money :moneybag:, we still in a plan demic , panic them mode , you might not have to spend that amount just yet , I might can save you a few nickels if you creative and can put things together are I can give you a better brand name so if you going to spend you only spend once for a couple years cause many of us have tested many products in our beginnings !

1 Like