I used the general hydroponics and a little bloom boost at the end looked great, tasted ok but just didn't have much kick. What happened?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Started 2 seeds (crystal), both germinated. perfect grow all the way thru! nice big nugtz, looked great… PROBLEM. Had the kick of my 90 year old mother a real disappointment. Have any ideas? I have been growing for 4 decades same stuff- Matanuska Thunder F…K, a clone only plant I believe. a flood and drain setup in Alaska, since then and this time I moved several thousand miles away and went to a deep water culture setup and it seems to work good- different fertilizer this time I used the general hydroponics and a little bloom boost at the end looked great, tasted ok but just didn’t have much kick. What happened?

2 Likes

Hey welcome to the forum! Did you check the tricomes before harvesting? I grew Crystal last grow. Its what I’m smoking now. This stuff will make you sit down.
Only thing I could tell you is maybe it was harvested to soon. @Laurap also grows this strain. maybe she has some insight.

2 Likes

Usually when you stuff like that it’s from early harvest or improper dry/cure. But I’m gonna guess that’s not the case with 40 years of growing experience.

5 Likes

All i can tell you is you must of harvested too soon. I only grow the "extreme high tchs " & crystal is one of my favs. I did have to go 80 days in flower to get this effect. My trichs were 50% amber.

4 Likes

This is good to know Laura: I have a Crystal photo going now.

2 Likes

Great to see you! Crystal is my night time med , i also made a tincture with her. Absolutely love them both! Was worried when they took so long But well worth the wait!

4 Likes

I wonder if it’s because of internal cannabinoid production levels falling as humans age. I distinctly have a feeling I am restoring my natural cannabinoid level instead of getting truly zonked like I did in my 20’s. In my 60’s and I find that I can now tell very well between weed I like and weed that just gives me a headache.

2 Likes