I transplanted and lost tons of root, help me out

Today I found root is coming out from paper pot.

I transplanted plant into 5gal pot.

Unfortunatly, I have to tear the pot and plant lost too much roots.

Do they survive? I need advice.
after transplant, I gave them half gallon of water and 2 drops of superthrive.

What I would do and have with lots of different types of fruit and veg is plant the whole peat pot/paper pot in the permanent spot or you run the chance of losing roots and run the chance of killing the weed. @daz49 maybe able to help.

Don’t forget to download the grow Bible it help’s lots.

Thank you. Now I just pray for my plant.

No problem.
It maybe fine just grow a little short and bushy. What does the plant look like?

For now they look fine to me. I hope they grow well.

1 Like

Keep an eye on them and send me a pic of the leaves for me every day or two this should give the first signs of stress.

1 Like

I will!! thank you!

1 Like

It’s always a worry when you transfer to your big pot but they have a lot of root development to do now so don’t expect to grow to quickly at first

I hope you mixed that Supper thrive with the gal of water. Next water add some hydrogen peroxide this will help your roots
Keep us posted on how there doing,

WILL

2 Likes

Now you know why you have the others in solo-cups :wink: Live and learn. They should be OK, but they will be stunted for a bit.

1 Like

I thought those biodegradable starter pots were made to be planted pot and all… To avoid this

2 Likes

I’ve had similar root loss and never lost a plant. For future reference, you can plant peat pot and all. Just make sure the top is below the soil. You can tear the top down sone and/or slash a few holes in the pot.

2 Likes

Looks like there’s enough root to b fine.

If u don’t want to plant the whole peat pot u can soak it really well and anything a root hasn’t attached to will peel off. Plant the rest.

I think your plant will slow down for a minute but will b just fine and may b tougher for it.

1 Like

Thank you all. I don’t know how to tag yall :smile:
This is day 2 transplant babe. I think they like new home :wink:

2 Likes

They look good so far

1 Like

I start to feed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like