I Think They're Girls

How long has this guy been in flower now? I’m not really seeing any pistils yet.

Been on 12/12 since March 1. @raustin

I see a couple of pistils, but I still think it’s too early to tell. I’m sorry, @HJL, you have to keep a close eye on this one cause it may turn out to be a hermie. I’m not positive, but I think we should be seeing bigger flowers by now.

Can you send me a link to the strips @dbrn32

1 Like

@raustin

This is the other bag seed that is currently in my flowering tent. They were both germinated at the same time. I definately see flowers forming on this one. I will watch the other for hermie. I’ve never had a plant hermie on me before and do not want it now.

It’s a pain if it or both go hermie. I have worked so hard with them. Guess that’s what you get with bag seeds.

2 Likes

I can’t link due to no approved vendors carrying them.

But if you start here you should be able to find most of what you’re looking for. I can help with a specific part number too if need be.

2 Likes

this type @dbrn32

BRIDGELUX L0280-280MM X 24MM

Yup. If you copy the part number from data sheet into web search you should get a few hits on vendors that carry them. Arrow and digikey for sure.

3500 k or 4000 k for Bloom?

or 4000 k seed to harvest?

@dbrn32

I would say 3000k or 3500k either way. You would probably only want to go to 4000k if was going to be mostly veg light.

I’ve been looking at some fairly reasonably priced drivers for the 280mm strips, I have about a dozen of them. If you’re not worried about dimming you could do a handful of them pretty cheap.

1 Like

@dbrn32

I don’t see the 3000 k listed only the 3500k (BXEB-L0280Z-35E1000-C-A3) They are listed on Digikey for $5.67 each.

How many do you think I would need?

Is it better to get the 5000 k and a dimmer switch?

What would be the cost for drivers? Do you have a part number?

I have a 10 true watt LED peel and stick in there right now but do not know how effective it is.

Gimme a few to check those numbers. Driver will depend on how many strips. I would guess 6 strips would do pretty good. I’ll check on drivers f or around that many when I get Some free time.

The color temp more or less refers to light spectrum produced. Dimming won’t really change that, just lower the output.

@dbrn32

Okay. Thanks for your help as always. No hurry. Whenever you get time. All this light stuff is very interesting. I will read up a little as well.

Again thanks and no hurry.

No problem. I’m just about to be 300’ in the air, most likely covered in hydraulic fluid lol.

Yes, that’s a flower! This one is definitely a girl! Congratulations.

1 Like

Ok partner. These are the new and improved version of the bridgelux strips. They cost a little more, but fit this pretty inexpensive driver real nice. 5 strips at about 7 watts per strip at 175 lumens per watt.

That’s no dimming, but don’t really feel like you’d gain a lot dimming in that application.

That can is metal right? You can peel and stick strips right to the side of it with two sided thermal transfer tape if it is.

1 Like

And here’s 3500k. For whatever reason they’re quite a bit cheaper. Not a big difference in performance, I’d go with these if they’re $3 cheaper.

1 Like

Sorry this pic better.

1 Like

The cans are plastic @dbrn32.

So I should get six 3500k for seed to harvest. 4000 if just veging. Correct?

Purchase the strips from Arrow and driver from TRC electronics?

What else are these strips good for? My cloning desk greenhouse?

Thanks for all your help. Im still saving for the QB board.

2 Likes