I Think They're Girls

@dbrn32
I know I’m still stuck on the watt thing. Thinking of getting another 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 tent and want to light it with two strip fixtures. Started watching those videos now I’m hooked. Sons going to build one for electricity class project.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

Depending on which size tent you go with and the exact internal measurements, you may be able to do something like the1120mm strips. I’m waiting for a driver to do a 100 watt light with the 280mm. If that works out, a couple of them may be a good option too.

I would get the biggest tent you can fit in the space @HJL
I can tell you this no matter how much room i have i always want more :wink:

4 Likes

Man I wish I new what I know now when I started. @Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32

2 Likes

I think we have all been there at some point @HJL
Lol

2 Likes

Definitely agree with @Countryboyjvd1971. It’s a long road, and we all are still on it.

3 Likes

Blockquote

Strain; Type, ILGM Northern Lights Autos

Soil in pots

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? No runoff

What is strength of nutrient mix? None yet

Indoor

Light system, size?12 6500K CFLs for seedlings and beginning veg, 2 PAR450 (210w actual) for the rest.

Temps; Day-73-77, night 70-72
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, Intake and exhaust 450cfm each

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, yes both, currently using humidifier

Co2; No

New grower, first grow, plants are about 2 months old just beginning to sprout the 5 finger leaf node. I saw these white things growing at the second node…

And on this seedling leaves I see this …

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@Spaceflower welcome to the forum
Can you start your own thread yet ?
If not ill Move this question for you
So you can get more help
First off the white things are pistols and tells you your plant is starting to flower we can discuss it more in your own thread

No, I got a msg after I wrote the post and attempted to post it that said I did not have access. Sorry for jumping on someone else’s thread.

1 Like

No worries @Spaceflower probably cause your still such a new member read a few threads and post a few questions and your trust level will go up
Ill move the post to yourbown thread in the mean time and tag you into it guve me one second :point_up:

There’s no problem it you want to use my thread @Countryboyjvd1971 @Spaceflower

2 Likes

Appreciate that @HJL just trying to keep it neat for you :v: :wink:
I moves it for them anyhow

Hi @dbrn32

Like the light you and @Momtomask built. I would like to build similar. What LED strips were used and what driver. Would that light be enough for a veg tent 4 x 4?

Thanks.

I can get the specs, but it’s definitely too small to veg a 4x4. You’d probably want 250-300 watts of them to do reasonable job of a space like that.

Ok. @dbrn32

I ordered my last strips from Arrow. What would I need to order from them to get the 250-300 watts? Thanks.

Would you want it all as one fixture or two separate? Or more importantly one driver or two? One driver is flirting with voltage capacity of the connector is all.

I trust your advice. What ever you think is more efficient. Thanks

1 Like

Gimme some time to dig through sheets. I have a few things going on at work today.

I think the biggest thing with one or two fixtures depends on how you plan to use space. Like full wall to wall?

Ok. No hurry. Whenever you get a chance. I’ll probably have 5 girls in that 4x4 max. Thanks I appreciate your help.

1 Like

I tagged you over in bige’s thread. He’s looking at doing something similar.

If you can get a decent aluminum base for the strips I’m thinking two hlg-185h-c1050a drivers with 4- 1120mm 4000k gen 2 eb strips.

I looked at a couple of options, but that one seems to make the most sense. Will give you about 320 watts at around 172 lumens per watt. Going down to smaller driver will get you about 260 watts, but only save you about $12.