I think they're dying HELP

My poor girl is dying, I think. The upper leaves are shiny down the centre of the leaf, curled and wilting with burn at the tips and along the sides. She is white widow and has been growing well until now (it was going to be my mother plant) I have changed to 12/12 and added THC roid fertiliser. The other plants are doing well so I don’t know what is wrong. PH seems to be OK. I first thought it may have been nute burn or boron deficiency, I have given it a light flush yesterday and today it doesn’t seem to be getting better. A first time grower I really need some help before it gets beyond saving. I hope its not already too late. It seems to have stopped growing, I have them under LED’s as the globes were adding too much heat for the 2M x 2.4M x 2.4M room even with air conditioning. PLEASE HELP SAVE MY LADY

2 Likes

Please fill out the attached Support Ticket and be as detailed as possible. WHAT soil, WHAT nutrients, HOW are you measuring PH, WHAT water used etc. A picture in natural light is good too: can’t see a thing in the blurple.

1 Like

Support ticket info and a photo or 2 taken in natural light will be helpful.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - ILGM white widow
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - soil/potting mix PH is 6.0 to 6.5 measured by 2 part soil test kit
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - not sure of water PH, just tap water (AUS)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable, Not sure
  • Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor
  • Light system - 2 x 1000w led, 8in from tops
  • Temps; Day, Night - 22 - 27, 15 - 20
  • Humidity; Day, Night - 33 - 42, 38 - 45
  • Ventilation system; Yes, Size 3in exhaust and intake
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, AC to keep in low 20’sC
  • Co2; No but range is 400-600 day and 600-850ppm night

Coming up to 3 weeks of flower

Happy to send further info if required

This is probably biggest part of issue, but can’t say that for sure without numbers.

Your vapor pressure deficit is off quite a bit too. Do you have any way of balancing out temp and rh?

I really don’t understand your answer, I haven’t given you a water vapour pressure (whatever that is) and I have been using the same water on two other healthy plants in the exact same conditions and media. I’m sorry but the answer is far too high level for me to understand. Thanks for your effort.

Vapor pressure deficit is relationship of moisture in air vs how much it can hold. I can see you are off by your temperature and relative humidity. Here is a chart to help

Either way, just because you have two healthy plants and one that’s not doesn’t really mean anything. That plant just has different needs than the others. Do you have meters for testing ph and ec/ppm? If not, try to get them. Would help a bunch right now.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining that, I will look at the chart and try to get some equipment. However that doesn’t help at the moment. I will try to muddle through or see what other people are saying. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hello. I’m a new grower so idk how much help I will be. I have been reading ALOT of forums and taking in a lot of info for quite some time before I started my grows. That being said I would highly advise gettin a ph tester.
liquid type (can be found at most store especially fish store)
test strips (bought very cheap on eBay, Amazon, Walmart so on)
digital meter (about $12 USD on amazon)].
I have used several different brands of the soil ph test kits. I compared results to ph test strips and to digital meter. The readings were way off on almost every single soil ph kit I tried. Sometimes as much as 4 ph difference. That being said if all the other plants are doing great I would say the ph on that one is off. Maybe water ph was different or pocket of high or low ph soil in the pot from the bag. If it’s not ph the only other thing I have seen or read about doing that was a pest issue. Can you post a close up pick of a few of the bud sites.

Almost appears like you have “the claw” a nitrogen toxicity. Shiny leaves with curling at the ends of the leaves, which is where it receives its nickname.

Your in flower so at this stage your plants needs basically no nitrogen to do what it needs to. I could be wrong but it’s just based off what I see in the pictures

2 Likes

What potting mix are you using? Nothing with time released nutrients I hope

@PharmerBob is right with the nitrogen claw toxicity.
I would flush with a flushing agent like sledgehammer and then cut your nitrogen back and then by about mid flower you kinda want to be low on nitrogen and higher on phosphorus and potassium and calcium and sugar. Your in a super soil and i have made my soil with too much nitrogen with oak leaves and every thing works great till flower then all hell breaks loose. A good ph meter and calibrate it regularly with solutions helps keep alot of issues from happening. There’s a couple carbon to nitrogen spread sheets that can really help you building your soil so figure out what veg time is going to be and then find out what decompose in the same time frame i try to have them just a little light green so i don’t over do it with the claw sometimes you gotta flush twice and then feed at half strength and see if it shows signs of being hungry and then raise nutrients according to the tips if burn just back off some. My white widows from ilgm just could not get enough light it seem the more light the more they bushed out with 1200watt mh/hps in a 4x4x6 grow tent rock hard buds. When you say globe’s what type of light are you referring to? What is your exhaust fan setup like?
My tent runs from 73 degrees to 87 degrees just depends on what the weather is outside. You ph your water and nutrients when feed and water?

Thanks for your advice everyone. #Kamdo, I am waiting on a test kit for water so that will be covered, thanks for your help with suppliers. #PharmerBob #ThcinKC, you have just confirmed what I thought it may have been so a second opinion is great. I haven’t seen any pests in the room except a red back spider (they only harm humans) I think I’ll do another flush then supplement with a diluted ROID mix. I may have made the mistake of adding blood and bone too close to flower which I have tried to remove. I am in Australia so I am not sure if I can get sledgehammer but i’ll look for something similar. And yes globes are MH/HPS but made room far too hot (summer here).
I am reading guides and the bible constantly researching for info, i’m getting old and retaining info is sometimes a bitch.
Once again, thanks everyone for your valuable insights. These forums have been a great help.

Here’s my mh/hps lights i exhaust through them filter then lights then to outside

1 Like

Great setup, I hope I can get mine more efficient in the future, at the moment finances are a little low. It will take a little time but I’ll get there. Thanks for posting your setup, it has given me some insights to what others are doing. I’m still trialing what works and what doesn’t where I live.