I think it’s ready. What do the experts say?

Congratulations!

Looks ready. Are you going to check trichs?

1 Like

Looks ready to me my friend, i saw lots of amber trichs. Great way to spend father’s day

1 Like

No ice or stem splits I’m just going to get her good and flushed out with ph water

1 Like

Be sure to give her at least over night darkness to allow for any salts to migrate into the roots; chop before lights are on.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I’m planning a 48 hour dark period I will chop at base in the dark

3 Likes

If runoff ppm was 1220 how many ph water flushes will I need to do? It goes in at 290 from my tap

1 Like

I’ll be watching this thread I’m getting close myself but I’m hoping to split and ice just not sure when to start

One flush.
Usually around 3x your pot size of properly ph’d water.

If your tap water is 290, then aim to get runoff under 600ppm. Ideally 500ppm.

The one pic shows a fair amount of amber. You may need to harvest sooner than 2 weeks. Keep an eye on your trichomes.

1 Like

@Drinkslinger how soon do you think?I can do another full flush any tie and I got a place to put her for dark period. I was wondering too if it was going to be overdone. The amber just came on fast I’ve been checking that bud everyday then all of a sudden bam amber has arrived

For the dark period should I have a fan in there? I’m using a small grow tent not hooked up to anything. What temp and rh should I shoot for? How important are those numbers? It’s been raining here for a week and humidity it high

1 Like

Run as much air as possible, reduce the RH as much as possible and keep the temps in the nominal range. Low RH will push THC production, air flow to help dry out the plant and yes; you should have a TDS out around 500 with your 290 ppm water. You might pick up a few gallons of Walmart distilled for your last flush. Try to get your total below around 250 if possible. But don’t sacrifice the quality of the plant for getting that low.

@Myfriendis410
Should I do this today?
I just checked her and even more amber

1 Like

Well I think I’d try to get the PPM’s down a bit more before chopping. It does make a difference.

1 Like

Ok flush complete :stuck_out_tongue: runoff ppm 411 and ph 6.3 she is back with her friends in the tent and I’ll start the wait for her to dry up some then into the dark. I managed to get the near perfect drying space 72 degrees and 51% RH

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger @Myfriendis410
So excited to see this

How long should I let the whole plant hang before wet trimming and hanging single stems

1 Like

First: I would remove the branches from the main stem. I would also wash my harvest before doing anything else. I use 1 cup of 3% peroxide in a 6 gallon bucket (or tote) and soak/immerse for 6 minutes, rinse in tap water and then proceed to dry. Depending on your conditions you should have a fan running across the plant material. I like temps and RH in the mid 60’s with RH of 50%. Drying should take a minimum of 7 days and 10 is perfect. Do not go by “when the stems snap” as it will end up too dry. I use small sterilite tubs when I’m close and can put the plant material in them and set the lid and fan in different combinations to either increase or decrease rate of drying. Large paper bags work fantastic for this. If you don’t already; 62% Boveda packs and 1 quart Mason jars (Wally World had best price, in store) and a couple of small hygrometers you can insert into your flower.

2 Likes

Thank you I do have the meters already I’ll get some humidity packs friday

1 Like

The 8 gram ones are what I use.

I normally do an inside/outside grow and wash my harvest, which is expected to look grungy. But my LAST grow was hydro indoors and I washed that harvest and it was almost as nasty. The other thing I notice is the flower stays fresh longer.

I store my harvest in a non frost free freezer. You don’t want anything with a defrost cycle because it will degrade the flower into a sleepy time cannabis (THC degrades to CBN).

BTW: here’s two of my journals…if you are interested.

1 Like

For wet trimming you begin immediately, and then hang.
For dry trimming a week to 10 days.

300 grams wet weight so maybe close to two ounces when dry. Not bad for a first try

2 Likes