I think I used to much water

So i germinated Northern Lights Auto after 24hrs I dropped her in 50/50 Coco Perlite Mix in a 5 gallon bucket I dumped like a gallon of water which I probably shouldn’t have did but fast forward it’s a puddle of water under the bucket thankfully the tray is water proof but I cleaned it up in fear of root rot now about 48hours later I see water again not nearly as much tho but my main question is should I clean the area anytime there is water under the bucket and the soil seems to dry up kinda fast it’s my first grow so I’m only working with 1 plant just so I can get it down I appreciate any advice I can get.

3 Likes

Do you have the bucket elevated a couple of inches or is it just on the floor of the tent by itself? If it is not elevated, I suggest something a few inches tall, maybe 3-6". Also, if I’m reading correctly, sounds like you need a drain pan. Definently don’t let water/nutes sit stagnant on your tent floor. Mold, algae, bugs, all kinds of yuckies. And lastly, to your original question of too much water, yes, a gallon is waaaaaay too much. An ounce or two at the very most. Just enough to get the area wet. Hope this helped some!

4 Likes

Good luck with that Growmie, dumping a gallon of water over a seedling in coco probably floated that seed around a little, 3-4 days will tell :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I was trippin pouring a gallon lol but I’m currently using two five gallon buckets :bucket: stacked on each other so the soil is elevated a little bit is this bad?? should I invest in something more proper? anytime I see water at the bottom I try to clean it asap but you guys give great feedback

1 Like

I really hopes it sprouts and brings me sum good ganja the germination was successful I just hoped I didn’t drown the little fellar

1 Like

That should be fine. I would definitely try to get some kind of collection tray. This way, if you run into future problems, you can test the ph and/or ppm’s.

2 Likes

So she seems to be alive however when I originally planted her I placed her in the middle Im 90% sure whenever I dumped the gallon of water it definitely moved her a bit should I move her back to the middle ?? or leave her where she currently is I circled where she sprouted in red

1 Like

I would leave her for the time being. Her toots are very fragile right now.

2 Likes

My bag plant growth and management favors bags, not buckets., unfortunately (access to free buckets).
Buckets or plastic does not breathe or dry-out like cloth bags. Buckets can be cut down and make drip pans.

In a few days id dig her out and center her, OR, leave her there and train her to angle across to the other side of the pot as she grows.

1 Like