I think I overwatered my seedling

I’m using a pot for pot with the jiffy pellets. I think I’ve been over watering. My seedling stopped growing. They are 2 days apart. Day 5 & 7…Should I just start over?

1 Like

No don’t start over, they always shoot up to get light then use the energy to develop their roots then the top will pop. If you think you have over watered then you probably did. Just don’t water for 3-6 days I’ve never used those seed things so I don’t know how quickly they dry or how long before you need to replant em. But don’t throw em out unless they are dead or at least I wouldn’t

4 Likes

One more thing the light might be a little to far away and is why the stem has stretched out (if it’s the same as other one don’t change some just grow that way) when you replant them plant it deep enough to cover the stem nearly to the leaves

4 Likes

You gotta squeeze them pellets good at first before the seeds go in.

1 Like

Honestly, the GSC is looking real strong. Pretty thick main stem coming out. The Diesel will probably be expected to stretch a bit more given the strain. They both still look great and within range for a great grow. Depending on what light and location moving the light a bit closer might help add some benefit.

3 Likes

Ahhh… I may squeeze as much out as I can without hurting it. Also, I can see the root growing all the way down the side of the GSC pellet. Is that ok or should I go ahead and plant it?

1 Like

I have an opinion, but I have no knowledge of pellets so I don’t want to be an external force without proper knowledge. If he’s not sleeping, maybe @Covertgrower can at least lead you to someone that has proper experience growing. If someone doesn’t tag in I’ll have some info for you as I’ll do some research on it. Always like to learn.

1 Like

Fold up a paper towel and set the pellet on it.
It will wick away the excess water. Takes about 30 min

4 Likes

Ok thanks! I was able to wring a lot of water out of the GSC. I think it was extremely over watered. The Sour Diesel wasn’t as wet. GSC almost seems like the leaves are drying up. I’m not going to water either for a day or so and see what happens.

1 Like

The root is a good thing no worries and no need to transplant yet, you got a bit to go still. Good luck you can tag anyone w the @ sign that’ll get our attention, like so @msnae2u . Nice chatting with you welcome to the site…

2 Likes

Welcome! Your seedling is ready for a transplant when you can. Looks like you got the overwatering part covered. Happy growing!

3 Likes

So it’s been a couple days and the soil finally dried out. I guess I just thought they would be growing much faster than they are… They are 9 and 7 days from seed. @Covertgrower @LoCoRock

1 Like

It’s stalls at this point to make roots. This is why I suggested a transplant.

5 Likes

They are growing. Just below. If your baby plants arent wilting, they are usually developing their roots. Once they stretch below they continue to stretch above.

2 Likes

Ya 9 days above ground for that size is a lil behind but god knows we’ve all had way worse. Make sure you bury most of that lanky trunk. I was hoping she’d be a little thicker therefore safer for handling ya know. We talked Friday, 3 days ago. Gotta make the jump mi amigo!!

2 Likes

I’ll go ahead and transplant today.

2 Likes

They are both planted in there final space. Hopefully they will start growing more soon!

3 Likes

@LoCoRock Now that I go back and count, I’m 7 days above ground. This was Monday.

2 Likes

Good luck man I got faith in yiu… chicken wing on a string man!!

2 Likes

Things seem to be progressing… They’re still alive😊

5 Likes