I think I messed up!

So this is my first grow and I had a few questions. First one of my plants has a droopy leaf, I’m not sure if it’s an issue or if I’m just over paranoid but I’m worried it may be a PH issue even though I PH my water before I water. (I will attach a picture) 2nd, my plants will be 3 weeks in soil this Friday, well I think I messed up because I went straight from the grow plug into a 3 gallon grow bag, but I rolled it down and only used about half the height of the bag now I’m worried about messing up the roots having to transplant. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Ow, I was also wondering when is a good time to start LST?

That looks perfectly healthy to me. The droopy leaf will probably perk up in a day if it has enough light. The sides of that bag are blocking some of its light though.

1 Like

looks good to me they will get droobie if you over water

1 Like

If it was me I would add soil to the bags slowly around the bags till they get fuller. 3 gal. Bag half full is only 1 1/2 gal. You could try lifting the plant up and pour it full then plant it again. Plant looks great.
Tom

1 Like

j

This is her today. Does she look OK still? I think her leaves are getting worse

The tips of a few leaves look like they are turning down like claws, but not bad. There is a web page. www.thenug.com/galleries/diagnose-your-sick-marijuana-plants or hope some one else chimes to help.

1 Like

Thank u I appreciate ur help very much. They are 3 weeks in the dirt tomorrow so I’m gonna give them their first nutes. I have them in roots organic soil and was told they didn’t need nutes til 3 weeks because the soil had enough. Hopefully that’s what’s needed.

Hello @MrsTito15,

I’m sorry I got here a little late, but we also have our symptom checker in the blog you’ll probably want to check out as well:

I’m sure @tlkbear would like to know about this too, it might not have been there when he first signed up, as we are always adding to and improving the site.

Happy Growing,

MacG

1 Like

BTW, seedlings don’t need nutes for the first aprox. 2 or 3 weeks because they need time to develop a root zone and they kind of have their own built in nutrient supply in the cotyledon(sometimes called the embryonic leaves), you can almost think of this like the yolk in a egg, it has what the organism needs to develop enough to then be able to better take care of itself on its own later.

1 Like

Thank you everybody for the help. Today they received their first nutes so hopefully this helps. I will keep posting pics and asking for help if I need it here.

I think the plant looks decent. Sometimes we get too picky, and cause more issue that would happen if we were just a bit more patient. :slight_smile: Happy Growing.

Is there a way to start a grow journal on this website? I know grasscity enables you to start one but Id much rather do it here. This website is awesome and I’ve already gotten so much help. By the way I transplanted very very carefully into 5 gallon fabric bags and they already seem much happier with room to grow. They got their first nutes on Friday as well. The girl that I was worried about seems to be perking up but we shall see. I’ll add a pic of her too

@MrsTito15,

Certainly you can start a grow journal here. It is pretty much the same way you started this post but in grow journals:

http://ilgmforum.com/c/fun-and-facts/grow-journals

Happy growing,

MacG

Can I test the runoff with the test stuff that comes with ph up/down kit?

I don’t think it would be that accurate because the runoff will discolored from the soil… I use my ph tester to get my readings from the runoff instead

1 Like

Yes, the soil itself will color the water slightly, but the drops are not that different at all from the gel capsules that come with this soil pH testing kit found at most hardware and nursery outlets:

http://www.amazon.com/Luster-Leaf-1612-Rapitest-Tester/dp/B0001LEPYA/?tag=greenrel-20

And you can use the drops for testing soil in a similar manner.

~MacG

1 Like

Thanks guys. Please check out my grow journal and give as much feedback as possible :smile:

1 Like

Ow and about the pH I think I’m going to buy one of those pen looking ones that dips in the water. I also wanted to know about cal mag. Do i need it if im giving them roots organic grow nutes and how tall should they be at almost 6 weeks veg? I’d say mine are about a foot tall give or take.