I think I have a Sprout? What should I do now?

Glad you think she still looks ok. :slight_smile:

I’ll snap a pic with the light off next time.

Should I try to catch it with the lights off during the normal dark time, or sence it is an auto, will killing the lights for a min not hurt it?

I know regular photos you don’t want much light disruption, but since this is an auto, I figure it shouldn’t bother it to much…

I figure I’ll give hydro DWC a few tries, but if I’m not happy with it, I’ll probably give soil a try.

I have some hydroton ordered, so I should have it in 2 days or so…

My box came from unique-hydroponics.com
It is the yield machine 4 FT tall grow box.

With the light, and the DWC bucket, I probably have close to 3 FT to work with maybe…

Ok, tried to get a few pics with the LED off.
Hope they help you get a look, and hope she still looks ok.

Ok, added 10 ML of Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, and Bloom.

It is the Perfect pH line, which is confusing me… but we will see. :slight_smile:

Also gave about 7.5 ML of Voodoo Juice and B52.

Here is what it looks like with the lights on.

And some with the LED off.

Their heavily shadowed in all pix, the very top one looks kind of like the prior pic, maybe the leaves are curling down a little bit but I couldn’t really tell, if you could use a flash it might help

Maybe we could pull in a couple growers
@Donaldj @Majiktoker

Looks like a nitrogen excess/toxicity I’d flush your soil and you should be good to go my friend sorry for the delayed reply

Is this any better?

they look to be mag deficient or possibly some root rot going on DWC has one huge problem no instructions lmao. What is your nutrient level like (how close to bottom of basket) I have learnt many things playing with dwc the first being that starting seeds in it is pain in the ass. I start my seedlings in Rapid rooters outside of unit and don’t move them until they have healthy roots and enough to reach moisture in my dwc unit without rooter actually being submerged or even touching water. Proper nutrient level is 3/4" to 1" below bottom of basket any higher and your medium is soaked promoting trunk rot root rot once it’s there you are almost better off starting fresh

1 Like

cover all empty units with something light proof and fill around rooter plug with leca or something to keep light off your roots it will kill them

1 Like

Root rot for sure your rooter plug is far too wet I hate to say it but if you have more seeds start fresh I can walk you through it if you wish?

read the symptoms I am just going to save you some frustration and tell you I am positive and being so small save your nutrients and the aggrevation

1 Like

I wouldnt give up if flush it first see where it takes you and start more on the process of flushing and waiting for the other one to rebounce

:frowning:
I just added nutrients today, so I don’t think they were the problem…?

Up until now they were in just normal pH corrected tap water.

I will try flushing if people think it is needed…

I noticed the leaves curling down about a week or so ago, but I guess I didn’t get a good enough pic for someone to spot it.

I think my rapid rooter is staying to wet.
I didn’t know that something like hydroton should be placed under and around the rooter.
So, it has been staying soaking wet.
I’d say the water was about half an inch, maybe an inch away from the bottom of the basket, but the rooter was just sitting in the basket.

just trying to save you some frustration once bacteria is in rooter plug real bitch to get rid of an h2o2 regime only does so much and better early than 2 weeks into flower

3 Likes

I didn’t want to say it bro and I’m not one for pulling plants but I agree with Donald.

I strongly suggest again that you consider soil growing. It’s so much easier and so very much more forgiving

Above all don’t be discouraged! this is the hardest phase, getting them started, then once they’re growing it gets easier

1 Like

Not a problem @DonaldjI just dropped 2 more seeds in shot glasses to soak for a few hours, then I’ll pop them in rapid rooters.

I ordered some hydroton and it should be here thursday, so once the new beans pop I should be ready to try again.

I’m leaving the plant alone until these seeds germ though…

I’m having bad luck so far. This is plant number 3 that might not make it for me.

I’ll get it eventually though. :slight_smile:

No worries @Paranorman
It is going to kill me to toss this plant, but I got nothing else I can do with her. :frowning:
I think my picture taking needs to get figured out, that way people can spot any problems sooner.

With peoples help, I think we can get it figured out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before I tossed it I would plant it in some soil and I wouldn’t be surprised if it came back and came along fine…

It’s actually doing very good considering all things

Right now you got two of the best growers on the best Forum on board (and me for what that’s worth? lol) we’ll get there buddy, hang in there …this shit ain’t easy

One thing I wanted to add about the rapid routers is to squeeze them out some before you put the seeds in cuz if you put the seeds in and they’re really wet they never seem to dry out, at least that’s been my experience with them

What you need to do is let your plant fully germinate in the tray before moving to DWC unit add a little lecca Hydroton under rooter plug and around instant you put it in dwc keep water level low enough it doesn’t saturate plug the lecca will prevent the splashing water from getting all over plug.
Don’t be discouraged this is the most common problem with DWC units hence the first thing I asked and even very experienced growers get caught off guard by it.
As for rapid rooter plugs best way to start them is in a tray with either lecca or perilite under them a layer thick enough to keep them out of water then you simply bottom water in tray just enough to barely touch them mist them a bit daily on their tops with just ph’d water nothing else. Do not move when seed sprouts wait be patient let roots come right out the bottom of the plug the more the merrier and this will happen faster if you bottom water as described. The sprout will send roots in search of water since the water is in the hydroton or perillite they will shoot straight down once again protect roots from light

1 Like

if you don’t have hydroton aquarium stones will work in tray ( not in basket unless you can find some very coarse ones) rinse them off before using they can be reused by simply washing them with peroxide after use

I don’t have a tray for the rapid rooters.
I’ve just been turning them upside down, and sitting them on a paper plate, and misting them as needed.
Does anyone know if you can buy just a tray for them?