I think I cooked them?

All are looking good. I wouldnt take any more off. Probebly not even in a few weeks.

About the big bushy one upfront. Maybe trim up the bottom 8 inches all the way around. Leaving the rest. Sun leaves and all up top. ‘For now’…
Lets see what happens :wink:

I will be trimming alittle in the garden this weekend and next. Not to much by any means. I wont take anything from the upper section. Not even from the interior upper. Kinda a overall small lillipop effect.
I can do a befor and after photo if you would like? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah buddy I would. I’m very hesitant about taking anything off cause I don’t know much about it. If they have damage then I take it is kinda how I’ve been doing.

1 Like

I’m the same way. I dont take alot off. I do trim the plant up a bit but not alot compared to some.
I feel that the plant needs the leaves to create energy. It will know where to send it. New growth, root growth, bud growth.

2 Likes

Never is fine :slight_smile: I don’t defoliate in any meaningful way either. I think @anon86641082 and I went to the same school :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Right around now I’ll chop out some of the small shoots growing from the lower 1/4 of the plant that won’t amount to anything and any leaf matter touching soil I will remove but I leave fan leafs. The only time I really pull fan leafs is when they die.

Leafs make energy. Plants need energy.

2 Likes

@Deez I agree 100%.

1 Like

Is it leafs or leaves?

2 Likes

Hahaha i would think leafs. For me it’s what ever gets typed out. Lol we all know what we mean, right? :wink:

2 Likes

I do believe it’s leafs but the auto correct on phones does it’s own thing lmao

3 Likes

Hahaha! To be correct it’s leaves when there on the ground as in they leave the plants and leafs when they’re still on the plants but kinda a tomato/ tomatoe type of thing. Lololol
Funny stuff!…

3 Likes

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

2 Likes

@Deez & @anon86641082 I need to get some more earthworm castings and bat guano and not quite sure what I’m looking for as far as company to source it from. What do you guy’s get? I’m gonna go back to that grow supply store and look around so I was needing to know what to look for. The fox farm is good but I know you guys don’t use that n wondering what you are using?…

1 Like

I will check when I get home and get back to ya. :wink:

1 Like

Looks like I’ve got some pre flowering growing on here. Is that what I’m seeing?

2 Likes

Mmm hhmmm… the time has come grasshopper. :wink:

1 Like

I grow in Organic soil mix (mix yer own, coast of Maine, fox farm, whatever) snd I fertilize with a balanced organic dry fertilizer once the initial load of nutrients are getting used up. I use Pro Gro from north country Organics or Coast of Maine Stonington fertilizer or Espoma makes one I forget the name. Basically follow the label and scratch it into the top few inches of the soil and water it in.

I switch to Fish Bone meal or another granulated organic bloom fertilizer as soon as flowering starts. I’ve used Roots Organics Uprising Bloom or again, espoma makes a decent bloom fert.

I also top dress with Earthworm castings at the start of flower - partially for the nutrients and microbes but also to condition the soil.

2 Likes

Everybody loves flowers!

2 Likes

Haha yup to both of you guys :grin:
I’ve been researching a lot today into the Dynomyco stuff and am going to get some tomorrow I think. Have either of you used the stuff? From everything I’ve read up on today it’s some pretty amazing stuff!

@anon86641082 & @Deez remember the neighbor I told you guys about that grows without anything and just uses water? Well I went down to his house last night to look at his grow right before he chops and took some pictures and I wanted to show you guys what his stuff looked like. So here’s the pictures I took and btw he only uses Ilgm or Mephisto seeds. These are all Ilgm gold leafs And one other seed but I can’t remember what it’s called. I took him a bubble gum seed and he gave me a strawberry punch seed which I started germinating last night. It’s an auto flower so I’ll be able to grow it out before winter time.

2 Likes

Look at them chucnky laddies. He’s doing something right I would say. Thanx for the tag.
We switched up our worm castings this year. Due to covid I think we got them off line. I will have the wife find the Amazon order. See where they came from :wink:

1 Like

Yeah those plants look pretty right.

If you’re going to grow from start to finish without significant deficiencies and using only water you just Gotta make sure everything you need is in your mix ahead of time and have a good clean water.

I know that coast of Maine claims that with Stonington and Blend in a 15 gallon pot you can go start to finish with no additional nutrients if you want to.

2 Likes