I suck at this ALREADY

Last pic you posted does not seem too dark to me, looks healthy.

2 Likes

Same here. Looks good but husk is still on it. First pic. :wink::v: Looks like. :grin:

2 Likes

The others have you covered. I just wanted to drop by and remind you that you’re supposed to suck at things you’ve never done before. You’re doing great and learning along the way. You got this! :+1:

4 Likes

LOL thanks dude :slight_smile: I just wanna go as smoothly as I can on my first ride, and I wanted to make sure my baby is healthy cuz I dont know what shes SUPPOSED to look like tight now so if shes sick I MUST HEAL HER WITH MY WOMANLY NURTURING POWER.

6 Likes

The best bit of advice (and TRUST me I know it’s a biggie) I can give you is to try and exercise some patience. No regular person like you and me can pick something up and be a master at it. Unless you’re a savant it takes practice and failure. I started my first ever seeds in March of this year. 20 beautiful seeds going and vegging just fine. Then the problems started lol. I’m a 35 year gardener with serious (I like to think so) skills and the problems threw me for a loop. So I read and remembered. Then I remembered and applied. Of the 20 seeds I got 2 through flower, a seedy hermaphrodite and a very fine example of this flower if I must say so myself lol. So am I a successful mj cultivator or did I fail 18 1/2 times? And I chose the easiest route (soil) and you chose (in my mind at least) one of the hardest so…learn from your mistakes and DONT DO THEM AGAIN lol. Let’s get @peachfuzz to have a look too. I know absolutely zero about rook cubes but it’s in my notebook under hydro for when that time comes lol. Maybe by then YOU will be the one helping :wink:

4 Likes

Just tag me if you have any issues…
I try to stop by at least once a day… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

@peachfuzz bruh in your opinion, hows the seedling look? I feel a lot better after having other sets of eyes tell me shes fine. I feel like the hypochondriac new mother lol

2 Likes

@MutilatedMoth your seedling looks good, it’ll look better when it sheds its husk, but it’s fine for now. I use a cfl when they are little like yours. I also put my rock wool plug underneath my clay pebbles. Don’t feed it anything for several days. Put it under a dome & keep the humidity up and watch her do her stuff. Less is usually best👍

2 Likes

From the last pic I seen , she looks good…
You must understand that you will have weak seedlings and they wont cut it…
I like to pick the best for my grows…
I grow the same strain for 3 to 6 years depending on how well it performs…
Lots of things to think about…
How well it does with stress and nutrients and environment and everything else…
Cloning is the only way that I can predict what my outcome will be… and even then things change…
Especially in soil or coco…
I only mainly use water with no media…
Just neoprene collars to hold my plants up…
That’s the only way that I know of to get the same results from my grows…

3 Likes

Well heres a pic of my new strains…
Not worried about anything…
They either grow or not…
Simple Walmart air stone and that’s it…
Rockwhool for the beginning…

I have 2 plants per cube and some are 3 plants per cube and these are from seed…
This is the best way to get them going in all of my years in hydro…
Once I start cloning, I wont use any media…
Just collars and water…

2 Likes

Rotwool holds way more water and therefore displaces air, making it overall too wet for productive rooting. Roots need air too, when they can’t get air the next best thing is dissolved oxygen in the form of H2O2 added to the water.

Not strictly in soil, I do both. Peroxide in your reservoir raises dissolved oxygen higher than just air exchange (bubbler), it also inhibits the formation of hydrogen sulfide (swamp water smell) and helps facilitate oxidation and uptake of nutrients.

I clone in small bathroom cups with aforementioned vermiculite-25% perlite-75% submerged in a couple inches of deluded flower mix (high P to stimulate root growth) and H202 as the only source of dissolved oxygen, and placed directly under the light, they never even wilt during the whole process. I also trim the leaves with scissors by about 50% and I scuff the stem with a razor to help absorption.

After about 1 week I move them to a tray where they get watered once a day until roots sprout out then they’re transplanted and get their own feeder tube.

@MutilatedMoth @Grandaddy013

4 Likes

I like rapid rooter instead of rock wool. When your seed cracks put it in a rapid rooter. A couple of days you will see roots. Put it in a basket under clay Peebles for a few days in your bubblers under your light and it will grow.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice also first time rdwc.
Old post I see, but useful.

2 Likes