I suck at soil growing

So looks like my soil plant is in bad shape. Other than 2 leaves, she has great color but is dropping pretty bad. The 2 discolored leaves, is that indication of a ph issue? I have only fed her distilled water with cal mag, so I figure she is probably hungry, but her other leaves look deep green still? FFHF soil. Any thoughts are appreciated.
@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Myfriendis410
@Zee

Oh, and even without friend any nutes, she has quite a few yellow tips?

Thanks for tag. What’s your watering and feed schedule?

2 Likes

It looks like you buried one of those biodegradable potS in there? Or is that a watering ring? If it’s a pot I would recommend doing some gentle excavation to make sure the roots have made it out of that pot . Dropping can be a sign of being root bound

2 Likes

Dang, good eye! I did bury the net cup as I stayed this one n my Aeroponic set up and moved it to soil. I could check the roots and see if it’s root bound.

So I have not fed her nutes at all. I have given distilled water with cal mag roughly once a week. I don’t water to run off, just until it looks good to me. I have not ph the water either, as it’s just cal mag, should I be anyway with distilled?

So it’s a plastic net cup? That could very well be strangling her roots

1 Like

@Watt-Sun If so, that would be difficult to resolve. I couldn’t cut the net cup without cutting her roots I think.

Yeah you’ll have to just play this one out and see where it goes at this point . When you water I’d concentrate most of the water inside that net cup most likely the bulk of your roots will be bound up in that area

1 Like

Honestly not sure if I even care for soil growing. I have another plant I started in soil Inside and just moved outside and it’s maybe 1/3 of the plant I have in my Aeroponic bay. This plant in the pic is only 2 weeks behind my Aeroponic plant, and is well less than half the size.

I am just going Aeroponic next grow. I wanted to get this one soil plant to harvest, but guess we will see if it makes it or not. I appreciate the input!

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan . She might just make it who knows . There are members Here growing from seed to harvest in solo cups . Anything is possible :v:

1 Like

What size pot? How much water? How often?

1 Like

Looks under watered.

4 Likes

I agree with @Covertgrower, looks dry. I always water to runoff

1 Like

Depends on the amount of cal mag. If you’re putting more than 30-40ppm of cal mag in there I’d def check pH. I literally add 10 drops/gal of Ej cal mag to my distilled watering. Keeps it around 20ppm. Just enough to supplement. Not enough to worry about pH.
As for growing in hydro cups planted in soil. I buried solo cups in soil with just 12-16 1/8 holes In the bottom. Plants are doing fine.

It does look a bit underwatered and certainly under lit.

What soil?

It does look like you’ve got a better knack for hydro :+1:

1 Like

@Hellraiser 7 gallon, nit sure exactly how much, watering when pot seems light.

1 Like

I just watered her 2 days ago? Just not enough then?

Fabric pots require a different approach to watering. You need to slowly add water, wait a bit, slowly add more, wait, add more, etc.

Otherwise a lot of it just runs out.

1 Like

Under lit for sure. This one is under 2x 600 (60 actual) blurples. Underwatered seems to be a popular option, I actually thought that as well and said at least watering “if this does not help, I need to get some help” maybe it was just not enough still with the last watering?

1 Like

I have tried that, slow process for sure, I also have tried to keep a lot of the water in the middle where the net cup is buried and assuming it would spread through the pot. Very possible it’s just not I would suppose.

1 Like