I recently purchased a starter set - the instructions on the web say - in start mode - 0.7 per liter - if i have a 2.5 US gallon hydro system - then i need to put in 7 grams ? is there a better sheet for instruction for hydro?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

: I recently purchased a starter set - the instructions on the web say - in start mode - 0.7 per liter - if i have a 2.5 US gallon hydro system - then i need to put in 7 grams ? is there a better sheet for instruction for hydro ? like to keep things simpler with out all these crazy measurements ? so i can just add what i need per gallon per week ? i printed out the schedule it said nothing other than first week uit says 0.6 for what a gallon - ten gallons ? on the sheet - if i come to the web it says 0.7 per liter - 2.5 gallon - i have roughly 10 liters - so if i multiply that - times the 10 liters 7 grams correct ?

I’m not familiar with the system but it strikes me that you need to get all the terms in either metric or US. You’re mixing liters and gallons.

Also … 0.7 what? Milliliters, ounces, what?

Sorry I can’t be more help. It sounds confused.

In the top left corner there is the text ‘Values in 1 liter’, I would guess that the numbers are grams/liter

Do you have an EC meter? I would

1. Measure the water EC before you add anything
  2. Add 0.6g start fert to 1 liter of water
  3. Measure the water EC again

Subtract the number from step 1 from step 3 to find how much it has changed. It should be 1.2EC

If your water is very hard (step 1 is a big number) you might want to reduce the nutes to get the EC to 1.2 total. The numbers in the schedule likely assume your water has a start EC of 0 (distilled/RO water)

I normally do these kind of checks when I use new nutes just to get a rough idea of how much gives what EC. Then when I have done mixing I can do a double check on the EC. I also do the same tests for pH, that way I know with 10 liters of water plus X amount of nutes I need to add Y drops of pH up/down. It just makes life a bit easier / saves time

The hydro feeding schedule seems to have an error in it

Grow period 0 - 0.6gr 1.2EC
Grow period 1 - 0.37gr 1.56EC <<< WTF?

I’m betting that should be 0.73g / liter

When you scale up the amount of water you should also scale up the amount of nutes, the goal is to get the right EC irrespective of how much water there is total.

So 0.6g/liter => 6g in 10 Liters or 60g in 100 Liters

It has to be said, the feeding schedule isn’t very clear or easy to understand. Strange since Robert’s other documents are very clear and comprehensive

2 Likes

@DVM is spot on here.

What is the EC of your water before adding nutes? What is your water PH? What is the PH of the nute solution?

2.5 us gal = 9.46L (let’s say 9.5L)
0.7(g) x 9.5(L)= 6,65 g for 2.5 us gal… :grinning::wink:
No matter what you mean by 0.7 (grams or ml) the result is the same… Enjoy :v:

1 Like