I really Like the environment!

It’s a 4x2x6

Nice I have one of them my 3 autos outgrew it lll

1 Like

I am a SCROG guy. I wanted to answer this: first; it converts a round footprint (plant) into a rectangle, which is a more efficient use of indoor lighting. Second; it lowers the plant when you are growing in a confined space. Third; it allows you to slam high-end LED’s down and take advantage of better canopy penetration.

You do lose big colas and I’ve seen variable results on yield. I’m not convinced yields are better than a supercropped upright plant based on my grows.

One point: really not a good idea to load multiple plants into one screen. If you have ANY issues with one plant you will have a fun fun fun time getting a sick plant out of the SCROG for treatment. Also; I have yet to see two plants finish at the same time. So again you have more work separating out the ripe from the ripening.

Just my $.02 and here’s my bona fides:

11 Likes

Well I must say those are some good looking babes. I hope I can achieve anything close!

2 Likes

What are the dimensions of those scrogs?

1 Like

22" X 36". Adjustable height.

1 Like

This is what I got right now. First grow set up in attic. Would like to have it somewhere else, but that’s the space I have.
4x2x6 tent
1000w LED full spectrum
Small fan for air movement
Ventilation system pulling air out of tent(not running filter until flower)
Additional vent fan pulling the cool air from my bedroom blowing into the tent for circulation and remedy attic heat. Humidity is around 45. I have a humidifier, do I need to get it up higher? Temp is around 80-82. Little high but it doesn’t seem to be bothering my girl. The air feels much cooler when I unzip the tent. Light is on a timer 18/6. The light has it’s off time between 1pm-7pm also to remedy attic/summer heat. Just started week one of nutres running micro and grow per instructions. Plant seems to be taking it well. Letting it dry out pretty good before watering. Usually about every 2-3 day. I’m pretty sure I’m going to need to add another light same size when plants are bigger. But it’s doing ok now. Plan on 2 maybe 3 depending on size. 6 of the pots are not fem seeds so Im germinating enough to get a female. Plant already up is Ghost Train others are all Trainwreck. I have White widow, Bubba Kush, Green Crack, cheese and Granddaddy Black coming.

3 Likes

I REALLY like those…I’m gonna mimic you lol

2 Likes

This post was actually right after hooking up ventilation system. It got delayed in transit. Was having hell with heat and humidity. The system actually has cooled the entire attic down to 78. Temp in tent is 77 humidity is up to 50. I knew it was needed but it was the much much needed missing link. Super excited for weeks to come!

Dang.,.,… TXCanna! Sweet set up. I tried it outside but could not compete with the heat.

I should admit, i had no access to any type of air conditioning.

1 Like

I had hell with the heat in the attic. My vent system got held up getting here and I had to move everything to the attic for concealment. It was all I could do to keep it in the mid to high 80’s. Adding the intake from my room is pretty much all that saved it. That vent fan blowing the exhaust out in the attic was my saving grace. It has cooled the attic of to a nice 78-80. And brought my humidity up 20%. I’m not going to lie I was worried about it.

1 Like

Sweet! I got lucky and was able to relocate my grow to a different place where I could control the environment better.

I still vent through the Attic, while pulling cold air from the house into the intake. But my grow is not housed in the attic.

1 Like

I gotcha. In my case it’s the only place it can go. I’m gonna do some measuring this weekend and see if I can come up with some kind of scrogging. I really like what yall did with that.

1 Like

Scrog, I hear you, for my situation, it is the way I found to spread out my plants in the smallest place possible.

During the whole grow, I move them all around as needed, so it is a constant change.

Do you just build it over them and let them grow through it? Or do you have to help the plant through the scrog?

2 Likes

Mine is composed of a lower stand that is zip-tied to the fabric pot. The upper assembly is fitted to the uprights and slammed down on the plant. Branches are threaded through and tucked until flower transition is done and the plant hardens off. A true SCROG weaves a few branches out and allows side nodes on those branches to in turn become bud sites. There is a fair amount of work needed to tune the screen but that’s part of the fun.

2 Likes

I look forward to giving it a try. Thanks! May have more questions during the build. Can you add friends or anything on here?

1 Like

Just start following journals I dont think theres a way to add friend we are all friend

Ok. That’s kinda what I was wondering. How do I follow.

2 Likes

Down below you will see the word tracking click on it and change to watching

1 Like