I pollinated one of Jack Herer autoflowering plants with the pollen from one of male Harlequins

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I pollinated one of your jack Herer autoflowering plants with the pollen from one of your male Harlequins. Will the resulting seeds be autoflowering as well? And will they be regular seeds that will grow the usual male to female ratio?

I am guessing their question is about the auto flowering Jack Herer being a Fem seed and breeding it to a reg male?

Ok, so yes the offspring will have male and female genetics as well as carry the auto flowering genes, however the lower percent of auto flowering genes sometimes will increase their life cycles…or the time from seed to finish for auto flowering. The male to female ratios depends on the dominance of the two parents.

If you find a winner in their offspring smile and be happy. Breeding takes time to learn, but you might get lucky and find what you were looking for.

I should add their is a chance for Hermite seeds as well when breeding with Fem mothers.

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question. Yes, the autoflowering Herer is feminized. The Harlequin is a male from a “regular” seed.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the outcome is. Thanks again for your help.