I need your knowledge

Don’t they still compare to old HPS lighting? It’s a marketing ploy like “seed to harvest in 90 days!”. Yeah, a sprouted seed to loose, airy, racy, paranoid weed harvest. LOL

3 Likes

My bad, I thought the 1200w stood for watts and no I didn’t read the small print. So will it work for just 2 plants. I’m gonna put the rest out side.

2 Likes

Not at all. I am just stoned and chatting (babbling). We enjoy answering questions and spreading the “bro-science”. LOL

3 Likes

Now is a good time to start making a plan. It looks like you have 6 above ground and the lighting won’t support that many. Maybe adding light or putting some outdoors again when the time comes? Folks here will be happy to help you make good decisions!

3 Likes

My first light was some Chinese UFO looking thing and I still have no clue about the model # , manufacturer, wattage, nothing. LOL

It is possible. They probably won’t win the cannabis cup but will be better than “street weed”. My worst crop was at least as good as what they call “loud” on the street.

3 Likes

For real!!

I’m thinking I’m at least gonna get 2 more lights for sure. I’ll grow 3 indoor and the other 4 out door and then compare them when they are ready to harvest. That’s my plan :blush:

4 Likes

Doesn’t sound like winging it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

This is my only hope for my grow… actual real fresh straight from the farm smoke

6 Likes

Learning as you grow and getting better each time is fun and rewarding. Knowing the seed to harvest history is priceless too. Nothing artificially enhanced. Just sweet happy smoke.

5 Likes

Your lack of experience will be short lived hanging around the years of experience here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

This is, as far as I know, the only friendly grow forum on the interweb. There are no stupid questions: we’ve all been there at one time.

You got hit with the primary question/mistake of a new grower and it’s not your fault. Deceptive marketing has been going on with lights for several years and it is only getting worse. I would suggest before buying another, to put up a picture of whatever you are contemplating buying. The more experienced members can help you with your choice.

I would suggest you latch onto one grow journal and follow it. Ask questions. You’ll get many different answers based on experience and knowledge and it can sometimes be confusing.

A couple of things for you to consider:

Do not use Miracle Grow in any form. It is not designed for cannabis. There are many soils/media that are optimized for weed.
Use enough light. You’ve already gone to school on that.
Keep a journal: you can do that here as there is a section titled “Grow Journals”. You can tag growers into that for comments/critiques.

I built a grow box out of one sheet of 1" Styrofoam and some duct tape: it’s cheap and very effective in maintaining temp/humidity and maximizing your light.

I would bring light down to 12" or so over seedlings. Keep them covered and only mist the dome over them once a day. Overwatering will damp off and drown your sprouts. Leave lights on 24/0 until they are at least established (about two weeks). If growing autos you don’t have to worry about a schedule. If photos, eventually you will need to put them on a timer.

Outdoors poses it’s own difficulties: mainly pest, weather and theft. There are a lot of bugs that love to munch on cannabis so you will need to plan for that.

Hope this helps a bit. You can tag me or anyone else with the @ sign ahead of their handle.

6 Likes

2 Likes

When plants are outside the only thing they can’t grow without is the sun. When we are inside we are replacing the sun with lights. Go for the best one that you could possible afford, and then beg borrow and steal (j/k don’t steal) and get the even better one. Just about everything else is secondary.

1 Like

It’s understandable that you want to grow your own cannabis to avoid the risks associated with buying it on the black market. You don’t necessarily need all of the high-tech equipment to grow cannabis successfully, and it’s great that you have a grow light and some space to work with.

Here are some tips for growing cannabis in a small room without a lot of extra equipment:

Start with quality seeds: The quality of your seeds will have a big impact on the success of your grow. Look for reputable seed banks that offer high-quality genetics.

Manage humidity levels: While your fish tanks may help regulate humidity to some extent, it’s important to keep an eye on the levels and adjust as needed. High humidity levels can lead to mold and other issues. A hygrometer can be used to monitor the humidity levels in your grow space.

Proper ventilation: Proper air circulation is important to prevent mold and other issues. You can use fans to circulate air and help control the temperature in your grow space.

Choose the right soil: Cannabis plants require well-draining soil that is rich in nutrients. Choose a high-quality soil mix that is specifically formulated for growing cannabis.

Monitor nutrient levels: Cannabis plants require specific nutrients at different stages of growth. You can use a nutrient solution to ensure your plants are getting the nutrients they need.

Control light cycles: Cannabis plants require specific light cycles to grow and flower properly. You can use a timer to control the light cycles in your grow space.

Remember to do your research and stay patient throughout the growing process. Growing cannabis can be a rewarding experience, but it does require some effort and attention to detail. Good luck!

5 Likes

@Bud_Wizer

“when the flower blooms twice…
It makes the bud-wiser”

3 Likes

This! RIGHT HERE is the reason I love this place! :seedling::metal::palm_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thank you!!