I need to keep a photoperiod from flowering

@Graysin @dbrn32 @Nicky @OGIncognito @PurpNGold74 @Covertgrower @Borderryan22 and all who may drop by
I have a bag seed plant from some :fire: and flipped her a few days ago(circled in red). She is showing a few pistils already and I am stoked that it’s a girl! This is my first attempt at a photo.
The problem is that I have a couple of clones(circled in blue) from her and only one grow area now set at 12/12. Lower one is rooted and just been transplanted, upper one(domed)was cut a few days ago and has no roots yet.(The rest of the plants are autos.)

Question is if I take the clones out of the tent at or before lights out and expose them to regular house light for a couple more hours, will that be enough to prevent them from flowering and do you think it would stress or stunt them at all? I would put them back under the light after lights on. I would need a few weeks of this to get them ready to flip.

5 Likes

It should be plenty. I am keeping clones under a household LED in my dining room - just make sure at or before lights out, you get them under light that’s bright enough for a normal houseplant to grow.

5 Likes

I agree. Assuming you have enough light yo vreate plant response should be plenty good. I wouldn’t count on a small flashlight, but ambient light suitable for dwelling should be plenty.

5 Likes

Congrats on the female and clones Grow Bro, I’ve never tried that but do agree with the other community members. There’s always an inexpensive option of a T5 fluorescent fixture from HD or Lowe’s :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Good idea, I already have one or two of those. I have one in the tent that was intended to add 30 or so watts to the total but it was more in the way than helpful. I am now using it for overhead light above the work table but think I will take it out and set up a “tanning booth” for the clones. Just gotta figure a way to keep it all close together for less carrying around as accidents do happen.

1 Like

:joy::joy: I like that. I usually run mine under a T5HO or single T5 for the 1st few weeks. Every run I’m shuffling plants from one space to another…live and learn and seems I learn the hard way :joy::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Just to post an ending for this thread, I found a decent deal on a Mars Hydro T-3000 450w light that will better cover the main grow area(they claim 4x4 for flowering). Should get much better results than 2 x 150watt. Now I will have at least one of the T-1000’s for the clone(s) * One did not ever take root. I think it was too “green” for a clone.
The first clone is doing well except for being very stretched out from a short time outside in the bushes. She will do lots better under the 150w.
This is her under the shop light for the night as it has been for nearly a week.

The Mother is just getting “hedgehogs”, she is gonna freak out at a 50% increase in available light! The new light should be here by early next week or this weekend!

1 Like