I need some help to see what i can do better so that i don’t lose them!

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

"hey so my lowryder seeds have germinated and one popped out of the soil and it was doing fine but after a few days it wilted and died. i was originally using a spray bottle and watering it with 3 sprays twice a day but after speaking with someone at a flower shop they told me i should be giving the plants a shot glass of water twice daily. the pots were fine and the soil was dry before each watering but i still feel like i’m overwatering for them being in the seedling stage (also the fact that only 1 of the 5 has come out of the soil). i have a 65watt grow lamp approximately 2ft over the plants and a small fan but i live in the mountains and it can get a little cold. is there anyway i can check on the other 4? i just would like some help to see what i can do better so that i don’t lose them. also i know you guys get soooo many emails but i’d really appreciate some feedback rather than a link to a forum because i’ve tried reading through so many from yours and other sites and i’m just not getting the straight forward answers that i’d like. thank you.

Strain (type, bag seed): -lowryder autoflower seeds
Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: -soil in pots
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: -n/a
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: -sunshine natural planting mix
Indoor or outdoor: -indoor
Light system, size?: -1 sylvania 65watt light ~1.5ft above seeds
Temps day, night: -constant temp ~68-72F
Humidity day, night
Ventilation system (yes/no, size): -small oscillating fan
AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: -a/c running in house occasionally
Co2 (yes/no): -no CO2

2 of the seeds i received did not germinate, 3 did with one reaching out of the soil but dying, one broke open but could not find tail, and one still going but not sure if still alive. I have attached pictures of my setup (it’s pretty shitty but it works) but please keep in mind that this is after i have cleaned out the dead and ungerminated seeds. i followed the germination steps in the picture. in the previous email i gave information about my watering schedule. please help me because i need this to work."

A couple of things that you can do to improve the chances of your sprouts would be to use distilled water, put a clear dome over your seedling and a warming pad if the temperature falls below 70°.

Go back to your original watering practices because the flower shop steered you the wrong way I’m afraid.

You can get my attention by using the @ sign before my name.

The soil you chose is perfect!

2 Likes

Good call @Myfriendis410 :+1:
Good suggestions
Just mist and keep top layer of soil moist not wet
The soil should never look muddy
And dont mist again unless the soil is dry
Watering on a schedule doesn’t work well imo
Depending on temps and humidity conditions your soil will not act the same all the time
Once spouted a dome is a good idea
Just watch fir streaching that can cause them to fall over and wilt as well if they start to streach lower you light
I use a heat mat also in winter to keep propagation tray/dome warm again it depends on season
Hope this helps a bit
Welcome to Iglm also
Happy growing :v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I’m curious to see how this turns out following

thank you this helps clear a lot of things up!

3 Likes

yeah i’ve completely changed my process when watering and i feel like the schedule was what was really throwing it off. thank you for the input and tips!

2 Likes

Anytime @burritoboi thats what we are here for tag me if tou need anything else